13-09-07 finland day 3 / ukraine day 1


Advertisement
Finland's flag
Europe » Finland » Southwest Finland » Turku
September 13th 2007
Published: October 20th 2007
Edit Blog Post

up at 2.45am and an €18 cab ride to the bus station. They add €5 as we had prebooked our cab the night before to pick us up at 3.30am. bus left at 4am. 2.5 hrs later we are at the airport. We checked in and waited for our flight. There´s not alot of people travelling to the ukraine so we only had a small plane and were ferried to our plane by bus. Short stroll over the tarmac to board our flight. Less than 2 hrs later we are touching down in kiev.

Airport staff are complete wankers. There was a guy just behind us, from melbourne no less and he travels to the ukraine on business alot. He wanted to apologise there and then, in advance, for the poor service we were going to get while in ukraine. The bloke at immigration was a complete tool.

Liliya, andrews wife, was waiting outside for us with her bro viktor and marty, andrews bro. Off to the car and, while im at it, the carpark at KPB is unlike any other i have seen at an airport. it seems like organised chaos. it seems as tho they park anywhere they please. No paid parking, or at least there are no booths to pay at. There are cabbies everywhere here and all trying to get you into their cab. About 1.5 hrs later, we arrive at our hotel. We are right across the road from uni sporting fields. The hotel we are in is actually for doctors who come to do lectures or conferences at the uni.

Lil and her bro took off again to go back to the airport to pick up andrew, so we settled in. i got changed and headed over to the sports fields to see if i could get a game of soccer. Eventually, i got a run and played for a few hours. i had a ball.

Back tot he hotel across the road for a shower and get ready for tea. When we got downstairs, i finally caught up with andrew!!! it was great!!! Plenty of talking for the next few hours with a couple of beers and vodkas thrown in to keep us jovial. Our meal was great. i love the cooking here and they must have the best tomato sauce inthe world!!!

After reminiscing and plenty of laughs, we were off to bed.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.058s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0377s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb