12-09-07 Finland day 2


Advertisement
Finland's flag
Europe » Finland » Southwest Finland » Turku
September 12th 2007
Published: October 20th 2007
Edit Blog Post

another late start. Up at 9.30am and off for a run. Another yum scrambled egg with sausages for brekky. We´ve decided to stay here an extra night. We were going to go to Helsinki today and stay there and g oto the airport from there. As it turns out, the hotel we thought was in Helsinki is actually in espoo. My uncle advised us that it would be a nightmare to try and get to the airport from there. As it turns out, there are buses which run from turku direct to the airport and there is one at 4am which will get us there at 6.25am. perfect!

We took off for a trip to an electrical goods store, kinda like harvey norman back home. i never checked my video camera before we left oz and i have just found out it isnt working properly. The cheapest camera in this place is $AU430. seemed like a fair price to me, so i asked about it. it was the last one left. Price was originally $AU480. guy was trying to say that his price of $AU430 was the best he could do and was below what they buy it for. i found that difficult to believe as that means they make lass than $AU50 on the cameras. What a load of shit. Anyway, i was stil keen to buy it, but as it was the last one left, i think they had all the bits and pieces all over the place and were unable to find them all. The good thing about buying here was that they operate on 220volts and the PAL system. The only thing i have to worry about back home is getting a new charger or an adapter, which i already have.

in the end, they couldnt get ll of the bits and pieces together, so no purchase was made. Back into the city center and we went ot some place for a cpl of momentos and then off to eat.

We went to a pizza buffet joint which was pretty nice, especially the ice cream. They give you a small cone and if you want more than one serve, you have to keep your cone!! They have choc sauce there and little paper cups. i poured the choc sauce into the cup, grabbed a spoon and dipped each spoonful into the sauce. So yum!!! We took off from here for a stroll down to the river. A very quick ferry ride across the river and then back tot he bus station to head home.

Started our day with a trip to the post office and we both sent parcels back to oz. Mine fit into a small box, about 400x200x75 mm and just under 2kg. €23 for my parcel. Susan had a bigger box. About 400x200x150 mm. Just over 3kg. My parcel was considered a letter, hers was a packager. it cost more. €71. in hindsight, it would have been better for her to split her package up into 2 and send it as 2 letters. Would have saved her a bit of money. About half the price!!!



Advertisement



Tot: 0.132s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0915s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb