Fri 03/06/09 (Day 34) - Jyväskylä


Advertisement
Finland's flag
Europe » Finland » Central Finland » Jyväskylä
March 6th 2009
Published: March 10th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Moose Sighting!Moose Sighting!Moose Sighting!

Admiring the local wildlife in Jyväskylä.
After work I hopped in the hotrod, aka Prius, with Sami and Emil (work friends) and headed to Jyväskylä. It's not the most exciting destination in Finland, and really not all that much different from Tampere, but it's something new. I'm starting my venturing out n' about in Finland with baby steps.

We rolled into Jyväskylä, dumped our stuff at the hotel, grabbed a tourist map and proceded to wander about town. After a good walk around town, seeing some amazing lakeside views and being jealous of the homeowners there, we started scouting out a place for dinner. Since Jyväskylä is a bit smaller than Tampere, and none of us were familiar with the town, we stuck to what seemed to be the main drag. This was mostly bars, so we ended up at the restaurant in our hotel. It proved to be quite good. The reindeer tartar was the most notable thing I ate, but the steak was good too.

Following dinner was the requisite bar-hopping. I had a couple pints of Wee Heavy at Old Bricks, then we moved on to a couple less notable places. One spot included a Finnish Conway Twitty look-alike trying to shark
Irish PubIrish PubIrish Pub

Livin' the good life with a cigar and a pint.
us at darts for free beer. Finally we ended up at an Irish Pub, smoked a couple cigars and had a few more pints. Good brew, good smokes and good company make for a good Fri night!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.079s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 7; qc: 58; dbt: 0.0594s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb