VISIT TO MUHU-PART 2-PADASTE MANOR


Advertisement
Estonia's flag
Europe » Estonia
June 20th 2009
Published: June 20th 2009
Edit Blog Post

OWNER MARTIN BRUEUROWNER MARTIN BRUEUROWNER MARTIN BRUEUR

HE JOINED US FOR BREAKFAST. NOTE TRAY.
Excerpted from my book: OUR SUMMER IN ESTONIA, AMAZON.COM

Padaste Manor put us in a playful mood. There were not many guests and one could easily imagine the place was ours. We frolicked through our surroundings examining the livestock including the sturdy Scottish Hebrides cattle so suited for that place; giddily thinking about using the hot tub at night when the lack of pollution and ambient light allows the heavens to shine so brightly;plucking wild berries; strolling through the former parkland, some awaing patiently for their turn at a revival, and standing before the great manor house, built in 1875, which has been restored since our visit.

Padaste Manor appears understated, yet the knowing eye reveals an extraordinary attention to detail, quality, and care for its heritage. Food is important at Padaste.Our service was attentive and leisurely paced. All the dishes were of excellent quality and locally grown products are used wherever possible. Some of the dishes we had for starters were mushroom soup made from locally harvested wild mushrooms, moose carpaccio, and smoked eel tortellini: entrees consisted of locally farmed ostrich filet, ginger glazed Estonian quail and duck confit,; and deserts of oven-warmed chocolate cake and lingonberry confiture.
PADASTE MANOR HOUSEPADASTE MANOR HOUSEPADASTE MANOR HOUSE

BEFORE RESTORATION


Breakfast was not ignored either. Bedside ten different teas, six jellies, a wide selection of fresh bread, each table was set with a three tiered, slightly chilled, selection of cheeses, meats, fish, and fresh sweets, plus a choice of breakfast entree, such as eggs on toast points, sweets and carafes of fresh coffee. The owner Martin Breuer wisely kept his chef under wraps least he be stolen away. Dining at Padaste is an anticipated adventure, highly rewarded.




Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement

SEAHORSE RESTURANTSEAHORSE RESTURANT
SEAHORSE RESTURANT

ELYSEE IS BEING SERVED LUNCH


Tot: 0.458s; Tpl: 0.029s; cc: 10; qc: 50; dbt: 0.0788s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb