Midsummer in Tallinn.


Advertisement
Estonia's flag
Europe » Estonia » Tallinn
June 25th 2011
Published: June 25th 2011
Edit Blog Post

We have been following the Midsummer celebrations across Northern Europe. In Helsinki all of the young people get all of the beer they can carry and head off into the country and camp around huge fires and drink themselves silly. In Tallinn they seem to drink themselves silly midsummer or not. I think it is mostly the young tourist that are bent on getting drunk and acting like fools. On the ferry over the Baltic sea they had huge tree branches strapped to the boat to celebrate the midsummer. Amber and I snagged a great table on the deck and had some rowdy company that I am sure we did not want to know what they were being so loud about. It is still light for about 16 hour a day. Come to find out they make textiles here in Tallinn. We found some wonderful sweaters and scarfs. Oh and a umbrella for Amber. I dont know why she couldnt score one like I did in the WC in Russia. When you pay 20 Rubles to use the bathroom you feel ok finding a umbrella waiting for you. Today we are off to see the National Park. We have a great private room here at the Monks Bunk but the window is right above an alleyway that echos all of the drunken tourists banter all night. All is good. The trip is going well and Amber and I are seeing the sights we always wanted to.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.049s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 7; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0316s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb