Estonia


Advertisement
Estonia's flag
Europe » Estonia » Tallinn
June 15th 2009
Published: June 30th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

Tallin



Twenty years from now you will be more disappointed by the things you didn't do than by the ones you did do. So throw off the bowlines, sail away from the safe harbor. Catch the trade winds in your sails. Explore. Dream. Discover. - Mark Twain




June 30 We are in the middle of the Norway Fjords In fact one we took a boat ride on is a World Heritage Site This is the first campground that had Internet Today is also the first day it has rained so we will send a few Blogs

June 15, 2009, Monday, Vosu Eesti Campground, Lahemaa NP to Tallinn City Campground, Tallinn, Estonia.
The bus into town was just down the hill and across the street. As we waited for the bus next to the Baltic Sea, the wind and rain pelted us. What is winter like here?
Tallinn is the capital of Estonia. We wandered around the old town, which is a 14th/ 15th century jumble of turrets, spires and winding streets. It is good to be in a country with Tourist Info Centers! Our next stop was a travel agent to help us with ferry reservations from Tallinn to Helsinki; we are all set to leave on Wednesday AM.
We both are a bit weary, time to go home and “veg-out”.

June 16, 2009, Tuesday, Tallinn City Camping, Tallinn, Estonia.
Well, it seems Maureen’s weariness is a stomach bug playing havoc with her system. A local pharmacist suggested some foul tasting medicine to mix with water and take three times a day, she thinks it is charcoal. For sometime in Russia, the question was not “IF” but “WHEN” will we be hit by a “bug”. We now know the answer. For all our diligent care, drinking only bottled water, boiling water to wash dishes, etc, etc. there are factors we cannot control. Eating in restaurants, one does not know the sanitation conditions of the food handlers. That would be our guess, but we will never know.
Good news today, Tallinn has a Laundromat! Little things make us happy so far away from home. Laundromats are very, very rare in the Baltic countries and unheard of in Russia. So, we are long overdue to clean clothes, linens and towels. The gal in the Laundromat was so helpful.
After restocking our grocery shelves, we returned to fold and retrieve our laundry. I (Bob) am off for a walk along the Baltic Sea, Kel is just taking it easy for a while. The weather certainly changes minute by minute. But for now the sun is out!





Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



23rd May 2010

Laundromats
Hey there! I will be in Tallinn in the fall and am desperately looking for laundry service facilities ;) Could you tell me the address of the laundromat you found? Thank you :) Sandra
13th June 2010

Lanuardy
It was in the campground

Tot: 0.826s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 38; qc: 191; dbt: 0.3894s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.4mb