Another day another dollar


Advertisement
Estonia's flag
Europe » Estonia » Tallinn
May 28th 2008
Published: May 28th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Group talkGroup talkGroup talk

Tony wondering what the hell is going on .....again. Always one step behind that bloke.
Today centred around a field trip organised for those children from a local school who had performed well in lessons, exams and in behaviour across the year. So luckily we were met once again by a bright blue clear sky. On the minibus and drove travelled for half an hour to meet the coach with the pupils. These pupils were aged from 11 to 17.
Keping it brief - we went to a forest area to show us the damage done by recent forest fires. We then went on to a very interesting visit of a small vilage school. We all thought it was idyllic (See the photo of the back of the school). The school has 9 staff and wait for it......30 pupils. Admittedly they are trying to recruit more pupils.
Onwards to a large open field and a science demonstration from guys from Tallinn University. Great to see science out of doors. They demonstrated electrostatics and a series of experiments with solid nitrogen. After an hour we were off again on the bus to take a look at the Baltic Sea and dip our toes in it! Chris could not resist rolling up his trousers and having a paddle.
The village school.The village school.The village school.

Wish we had a school that looked like this. Think on BSF...think out of the box!!
We had a lovely lunch in a local restaurant with the pupils. Carol presented our gifts to the Principal and made a speech to thank staff and pupils for their warm reception.
Off on the bus again back to Tallinn. Most of us had 40 winks and woke up to disembark and see the magnificent arena where the annual Estonian singing festival is held. Back on the bus and back to the hotel for an hour and a half meeting about teaching in Estonia.


Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Small village classroom.Small village classroom.
Small village classroom.

Reece obviously missing teaching! Anyone who knows him will spot the mistake.
Another classroomAnother classroom
Another classroom

Karen takes a look at some books and work.
Visitor book.Visitor book.
Visitor book.

Visitor book being signed by Chris in the village school.
Science demoScience demo
Science demo

As it says on the tin.


Tot: 0.074s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 5; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0511s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb