Best of the Baltics


Advertisement
Estonia's flag
Europe » Estonia » Tallinn
April 2nd 2004
Published: November 13th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Tallinn, one of my favorite cities in the world! And I really only saw the old city. Way too cool nonetheless. The best ‘old city’ experience in Europe. Everything is straightforward, the city is clean, the people nice and the whole thing takes 25 minutes to walk across. Not really cheap, but still cheap. That is, if you stay in the youth hostel down the stairs from the strip club. The location in terms of proximity to other parts of the old city was nice.

For food, don’t even think about going to Tallinn without a visit to the Old Hansa. One of the coolest dining experiences of my life! Ok, so I travel more than I eat out. I’m a college student. Still, really fun place to step back into medieval Estonia, complete with live music, waiters in costume, a few local practices and a fantastic candlelight dinner. All for $12.

Half the fun of Tallinn is just walking around the old city and realizing that one can live in the old city for the duration of the trip. Other than walking around, taking in some great museums and lookouts is a must. For those that thought that
A kick in *** anybody?A kick in *** anybody?A kick in *** anybody?

Funny thing, everything else is in the opposite direction.
the Middle Ages were a pain in the ass, visit Tallinn’s city Museum, the “Kiek in de Kök”. I kid you not. www.linnamuuseum.ee/kiekindekok/ Other great sights are the Orthodox Cathedral and the Dome Church. See pics for a great look at this fantastic city.



Additional photos below
Photos: 13, Displayed: 13


Advertisement

ThomasThomas
Thomas

The little figurine on top of the center steeple looks out for the city.


Tot: 0.051s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 8; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0238s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb