my sister is getting married.


Advertisement
Estonia's flag
Europe » Estonia » Parnu
October 26th 2008
Published: October 26th 2008
Edit Blog Post

i dont think i have ever been this cold in my life. ok, thats probably not true, but holy diver there be a wind a blowin. i'm currently in a little place called parnu, which i'm told is estonia's favourite summer resort. unfortunately, it's late october. or maybe thats fortunately, im not sure. either way, its mighty cold and mighty windy, and there aint many folk about. which is perfect to be honest! for those who dont use facebook, at the end of the film talked about in the last blog christina ricci's prostitute girlfriend got the death penalty, and so she should. she killed many an innocent man! that aint cool!

so yeah, im in parnu. i arrived here yesterday at around 3.30ish, and did the usual staggering around the bus station lark looking for a map or some sort of sign. not from god however, more from the pavement. got a taxi to roooooooooossi 7 and woo! i'm not couchsurfing in the traditional sense here, i'm staying in a lovely house however. my couchsurfer's housemate in tartu, her name was keti, told me that i would be welcome to stay in hermothers guesthouse when i got to parnu, which is currently being lived in by either her mothers friend or sister, i cant remember. so that all got sorted, and here i am, in this awesome house with about a million bedrooms and massive mirrors! last night was probably the best nights sleep i have had since i was here. i say probably, i mean definitely. it was nice to get a good shower and a real nights sleep anyway.

anyway, my current host, who's name is Kairri, took me out on a walk to show me around Parnu, and this place is tiny! ridiculously tiny! which is ace to be honest, i can walk around to my hearts content. anyway, after the tour i went to get some food from a place called steffani pizza and kairri went home. i've eaten waaaaay too much pizza since i've been here, i dont know why. its easy i guess, and usually cheaper than other things. it was a good solid ham and mushroom pizza, and i failed to eat it all. shocker! after that i went for a walk towards the beach, stopping at a few bars on the way. got to the beach, and it was super dark. a challenge! walked around a bit, then found my way back to kairri's house using the church as my guide. oh i felt proud.

and the same has pretty much happened today. well, i'm at the beach and it is insanely windy. went to the museum of new art which was pretty bizarre. there was a woman going on and on about making a stand in mongolian art. she was building it all up, talking about needing to get something out there, needing to express herself, and then what was her art?! naked men! thats it. you crazy artists confuse me sometimes. anyway, there was a girl watching lost in the museum, i think i might get into that when i get back. it looks interesting.

anyway, this hasnt been a particularly thrilling entry. i finished animal farm yesterday, and am now half way through burmese days, aka book number 4 of this journey. i'm 6 days in and im on my 4th book, thats pretty good right?

congratulations to my sister who supposedly got engaged yesterday, although i have heard nothing about this. good work! woah! hold on, my sister is getting married. madness! thats madness! uncle john cant be far away now! that just kinda sunk in a little bit when i typed in the title.

Advertisement



27th October 2008

Yes she is
Yes its true john boy,good to hear you are again sounding like the john we all love even though i dont understand what you go on about sometimes but i find it very enjoyable to read keep it up xxxxxX

Tot: 0.064s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 9; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0421s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb