Parnu


Advertisement
Estonia's flag
Europe » Estonia » Parnu
July 22nd 2007
Published: December 13th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 58.386, 24.4986

Bussed down the country 127km south on Eurolines to Parnu, staying Koidula Park hotel On Kuninga (more reminisent of a Blackpool B&B I'd say only dearer), beside it was an 18th century Elizabethan church with lovely maroon and ochre brick work and over looking Koidula park. All very nice and the sun was splitting the rocks, so after a walking tour we went to the Superbrand beach the 1st afternoon til after 7pm, seemed to be a really nice place altogether UNTIL we tried to get food. They may as well have had a big sign at the town perimeter saying 'Vegetarian's F. Off', the mexican restaurant had NO bean dishes (I think that is incredible), the turkish had no falafel, and they were too up their own asses in the fancy Italian to actually bother to seat you. Ended up in 'Asian Village' which was one dingy room that served a bit of Indian, a bit of Chinese and a bit of Thai and where I got bitten by fleas, nice.

Then the rest of our time there it pissed rain and Parnu is like any 3rd rate beach town in the rain ... awful, even the museum was closed and we 'blew our load' the 1st day by doing our walking tour all over the place and in our case there wasn't even somewhere nice to go for a long lunch never mind dinner. There was take away pizza in 'Papa Pizza' that covered one meal and that was nice, only C. is not too fussed about pizza in general! Could be cause once when we were in Vienna for a week that was also the only choice. And for some reason it's not the kind of town to go on the razz in either.

Also the cafes were horrible (esp. the Jazz cafe) as they seemed to get the sullenest of staff from Copenhagen (and you knoooowww what they are like) so ended up braving the supermarket in Port Artur II where not surprisingly everything was in Estonian so that was an experience. At least the Tour de France was on the tv. Mind you it seems they are very into porn, even the ads for the porn channels were positively anatomical.

So NOT liking Parnu at all.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.344s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 7; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0919s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb