City Hall, Tivoli Gardens, Canal Tour and WALKING!


Advertisement
Denmark's flag
Europe » Denmark
August 14th 2014
Published: July 22nd 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 55.7107, 12.5662

Because we are staying in an area called Osterbro, our days begin with a 30 - 45 minute walk into town. Most of the day is spent walking and seeing the sights. We did have a bit of relief today by taking the Canal Tour. The weather is cooler and just as we were returning home we had some rain but it has cleared since.

The Trinitatis Church is known for its round tower. Inside is a ramp which goes several stories reaching a few stairs and then a winding staircase to get to the top.

Our next stop by chance was the City Hall which is a very impressive building. We had been walking through the older streets and came across the square where there was some sort of technical display happening.

We were across from Tivoli Gardens so decided since the weather was good we would go there next. It is a combination of gardens and amusement park activities. It is smaller than we expected but very pleasant walking around. There is a micro brewery on site and we enjoyed a local beer.

Tivoli Gardens is across the street from the tourist bureau so we inquired about the Canal Tours. There was one not far away so we decided to take the tour which passes under 14 bridges. It is a good way to see how Copenhagen is a city on the water and there are many pretty locations and buildings.

One also becomes aware that with Global warming, the city could be at risk in the future.

We are finding food in particular to be expensive. Tonight we did a take-away at a local Thai restaurant and 2 dishes with rice was over $ 40. A single serving at many restaurants is the same price and that is without a beverage. A few times we have gone to a grocery store and bought locally prepared meals. Accommodations also tend to be more expensive than travelling in the US and Canada. Typically short stays we stay at hotels using Booking.com and when in larger centres and longer stays we have rented apartments. Sometimes it is nicer to have more room and we can prepare breakfast and other meals if we choose.


Additional photos below
Photos: 98, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



Tot: 0.08s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 29; dbt: 0.0315s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb