Days 1-2: Melbourne-Copenhagen


Advertisement
Denmark's flag
Europe » Denmark
September 29th 2016
Published: October 4th 2016
Edit Blog Post

Cake shopCake shopCake shop

Mmm - forbidden cakes
Followers of this blog from NZ 2006 and Euro 2011 may be disappointed (or relieved) that it’s a bit briefer. We have a bit less down time this time around, and maybe a bit less energy for the job.

A three-leg journey to Copenhagen via Singapore and Dubai, and we were fortunate in each to be on flights that were all less than 50% full – the last one maybe 20% – and be able to beg leg-room seats in exit or bulkhead rows each time.

We were looking forward to the weather, which had apparently been great for ages. Inevitably it broke as we arrived in Copenhagen and Thursday was cold and wet. After a bit of a stroll and a meal in the CBD, we adjourned early to sleep off some jet lag. Next day dawned much better, and we were greeted by as good a hotel breakfast, at the Ansgar, as we have had anywhere, for quantity, quality, variety and technology (the last being the futuristic iPad-controlled hot and cold drink dispensers).

Pausing only to marvel once more at the public transport and bike-friendliness in the city, and curse the loss of the camera charger (*every* holiday it happens) we prepared to set off for Iceland on WOW Air. Apparently that’s as in “Wow, we got here alive!” – it’s actually pretty good for a cheapo airline. With due respect to Copenhagen, tomorrow our journey really begins.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.111s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 11; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0699s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb