My second day in Copenhagen


Advertisement
Denmark's flag
Europe » Denmark
May 13th 2016
Published: May 13th 2016
Edit Blog Post

During this second day of visit, I've visited most of the places I wanted to see. Rosenborg's castle, The National Museum, The church of Our Savior and the museum of geology. To begin with, Rosenborg is a beautiful castle. Inside, outside, the gardens around, everything was awesome. There are two parts in the visit. The inside, and the treasury. The first part is mostly composed of paintings, dishes and furnitures. The throne room is specially impressive. But the best of the visit is the treasury. There are weapons from blades to guns, beautiful jewels and two crowns! Really awesome! I recommand you to go to if you can. If you have the copenhagen card, it is free, if you don't have it, it costs 16-17 dollars but this castle totally worth it. Then, just in front of the castle, there's the museum of geology, well hopefully this one was free with the card... The museum has a big collection of stones, this is not the problem. The problem is that you don't what is in front of you since all the descriptions are in danish... So yes, if you have some knowledges in geology, you may find it interesting, but this exposition is definitely not for someone who doesn't know anything about the geology. After having lost myself again in the city, I somehow managed to reach the church of Our Savior. Well, this one is big! And the best is that we can go to the top of the church. The best spot if you want to see Copenhagen from the sky. Lastly, there's the National Museum. Well, I have noting to complain about it. They have a great collection and explain everything very well. Since I love Antiquity, I just visited this part of the meseum and it was enough for me. Indeed, I spent 2 hours in the museum and just saw the antiquity's floor. And there are 3 other floors! I'll finish by talking about the Copenhagen pass. This card allow us to have some discounts or free entrance in most of the museums and all the public transports are free. If you want to visit many museums like me, it is definitely a good deal. But if you buy it just for the free deplacements, I don't think it is worth. As I said yesterday, most of the famous places of Copenhagen are in the city centre. So if you have a well placed hotel and that you are not too lazy, you can walk in the whole city. Really, nothing is really far with a minimum of courage. And if you really want to travel fast, there's the bike. Copenhagen is a city for the bikes. The bike path is sometimes as big as the one for the cars!


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



14th May 2016

Pas mal comme début =) par contre explique moi comment tu as fait pour atterrire après avoir vu le chateau??? ;)
14th May 2016

Va savoir... Et essaie de commenter dans l'entrée française la prochaine fois ^^

Tot: 0.108s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 8; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0451s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb