A2 Travel Blog #4


Advertisement
Denmark's flag
Europe » Denmark
November 22nd 2013
Published: November 22nd 2013
Edit Blog Post

Question: Importance of a tradition in the Denmark? (Culture Theme)

Many countries represent theirselves in different ways. They usually do this by doing different traditions yearly on important holidays. One of these holidays is New Years Eve when people in Denmark throw glass dishes at other peoples door steps. This custom is sid to bring good luck to you. It is also said that it was better to have a big stack of broken dishes because it shows that you have many loyal friends or family members. People save dishes all year for New Years Eve so they are able to throw them at their friends of families house. This is there way of expressing their loyalty.

Link used: http://www.smashinglists.com/weird-new-year-traditions/

This traditions seems very important to the people in Denmark. It is something I have never heard if and is a bit unusual. However, it must be an important tradition to show the loyalty betwween friends. Not only that but this religion is suppose to represent good luck. The more dishes at your door is suppose to represent good fortune. This tradition must be fun for people to contibute in. It must bring happiness to people every year to break the plates they saved all year at a loved ones door.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.103s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 9; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0458s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb