FAROE ISLANDS


Advertisement
Denmark's flag
Europe » Denmark
July 18th 2013
Published: July 18th 2013
Edit Blog Post

Faroe Islands NO GO! We arrived in the bay off the port at Torshavn just before 8.00a.m. but captain made a decision not to go into the port. Tried to anchor but no good! Even if we did anchor OK he said it was too rough to have tenders take all the passengers in. It was blowing around 37 knots and blowing us into the port and he couldn't safely get the ship into such a small port with such high winds. It was 11 degrees and you could hardly see anything, very pea soupy!!! Captain Bill said the ship and passengers were his first priority and safety paramount (thank god for that!d)- so we will now be 7 days at sea!! BOO WHOOO!! The fog horns are going off about every 3 minutes. Was so looking forward to seeing some of the Faroe Islands, some joined by underground tunnels and we had planned to hire a car with another couple - but not to be. We turned around and left - we are halfway between Norway and Iceland and 3000 miles from New York - so sit back and relax and bring on New York. Apparently we will have these weather conditions for the next 48 hours as we head south. John tried to take some photos of the outline, through the fog, of Torshavn but they didn't come out. So disappointing as we will probably never get back to this part of the world.

Advertisement



19th July 2013

missing you
sorry been a while with no word from me...just slack, no excuse Been 23 degrees in melbourne yesterday, had a good storm later in the evening tho, and it is expected to be 11 degrees tomorrow....guess you are missing that !! your photos are gorgeous !!! I bet you are exhausted, i think the 7 days at sea may be a good opportunity to rest. You're not young anymore you know. !!! My sister is in Canada, so I am getting e-mails from her as well, I am MISERABLE not being anywhere.....sad face.....not long now till we are on leave (end of august) no plans yet. roast Lamb for dinner....wish you were here !!! XXXXXXXXXXXX
19th July 2013

gee guys lucky thats not me on the ship remember what happen to my bowels in birdsville !!!!!!

Tot: 0.08s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 11; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0227s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb