Copenhagen day one


Advertisement
Denmark's flag
Europe » Denmark
May 19th 2010
Published: May 20th 2010
Edit Blog Post

19 April 2010

We had some rain overnight but the morning dawned fine for our first day in Copenhagen.

We caught the local bus into the city and after finding our bearings looked at an amazing astronomical clock in the city hall which is set to record all events of the stars, sun, planets and earth for the next 23,000 years. This was followed by a boat trip on the canals and lunch sitting outside in the sun.

In the afternoon we walked along the harbour edge and visited the city’s new playhouse theatre, Slots Plads where the Royal Family reside, Frederikskirken which is a small version of St Peters in Rome and the Kastellet another large fort.

We had hoped to see the famous Copenhagen Little Mermaid but unfortunately she is currently away at the Danish stand in the Shanghai World Expo 2010. She is however replaced by a real time internet display of the Chinese looking at her.

To finish we walked through Nyboder,an old district with yellow painted sailors’ houses and across two parks which took us to the bus to get back to the van and rest our sore feet.



Additional photos below
Photos: 12, Displayed: 12


Advertisement



Tot: 0.336s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 52; dbt: 0.1065s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb