Who Made My Lego?


Advertisement
Denmark's flag
Europe » Denmark » Region Syddanmark » Billund
April 17th 2014
Published: April 17th 2014
Edit Blog Post

So my favorite toy of all would be Lego, and I like to build things in my spare time like after I finish homework. So history of Lego first originated in Denmark by a carpenter, Ole Kirk Christiansen, who was a wooden toy maker. Have you ever wonder what Lego means, it is Danish phrase for play well. So Legos are built in four factories that start off from granules, which are small pellets. The granules are then put in silos and then melted and form their shapes from molds. After making the pieces, they aren't sent to apply color details like faces or control panels and are made from mostly machine. In the end, the pieces are sorted and create Lego sets that are shipped around the world and makes millions year around. There are four factories that make Lego pieces, Denmark, Hungary, Mexico, and Czech Republic. The findings weren't surprising because from the research I done the manufacturing of Lego requires high tech machinery, so there is a lot of means of production with machines and convey belts. I also felt that working a Lego require criteria of creativity and other repertoire like engineers, people on the floor, etc..
3654404785_dc2c38c794_o3654404785_dc2c38c794_o3654404785_dc2c38c794_o

Lego Headquarters in Denmark
By discovering what is put into making expensive pieces of plastic, it doesn't really change my view ow legos are made.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

Kladno_CZ_LEGO_factory_from_NE_007Kladno_CZ_LEGO_factory_from_NE_007
Kladno_CZ_LEGO_factory_from_NE_007

Factory in Czech Republic


Tot: 0.081s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 17; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0444s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb