Strawberry fields forever...


Advertisement
Denmark's flag
Europe » Denmark » Region Sjælland
June 12th 2003
Published: June 12th 2003
Edit Blog Post


So, here we are in Denmark … we've been here a week now and oh my god, how expensive is everything!!!

A banana costs 50 pence in the train station and mars bar 90 pence and a can of coke 1 pound 10 pence!!! .. but wait for it ... a kitkat is 1 pound 50 pence!!!!! but we were told to expect that in copenhagen, everywhere else the prices are slightly more than the UK but not too bad, we hope!

We got what is called a s-train from copenhagen to solrød strand, and then a bus that runs every hour to Naurbjergvej(go on then say the name!;o) ... it's pronounced ... Now bear, basically, well i think it's like that, haha! And this is where we are staying, on a massive farm with no animals though, just lots of strawberries!!!

The internet is free in the Danish libraries but we are a 10 mile walk away from the nearest town, it's too dear to use the bus so we are walking everywhere, we have both got kool tans already and we haven't even been here a week yet!

We’ve managed to get ourselves set up with strawberry picking!! We did our first days strawberry picking this morning, it was so much fun, picking strawberries with lots of spanish and french people. This place seems to have been invaded by the french(there good at that!:o) ... but everyone is really friendly though and it is sooo relaxed … bob marley style;o)

We've made friends with the only other english couple here, they are from plymouth, then there is one other scottish girl and thats it for us brits!!! It's kool though bcoz the french are great for hospitality and are always talking to us, but boy oh boy, the spanish, why didn't anyone tell us that they spoke so loudly!! pheweee, they don't stop talking and it's like they are deaf or something, even if they are sat next to each other there like shouting!!! hee hee

It's been amazing weather since we got here, completely clear skies and lots and lots of nice sun!! Except for the other night when it thundered and the winds were so fast that our tent nearly took off!! We have had to weigh the pegs down with bricks to make sure it's doesn't fly away!!! But apart from that, lovely sun all day, and it doesn't get dark here until gone 11pm and then the sun rises at 3:30am, so it's been quite hard getting to sleep at night, and then getting back to sleep if we wake up in the middle of the night!

OK, thats that for now, like I said, got to keep it short this time.


Advertisement



25th May 2008

hey... How u get in this picking strawberries job in denmark??? i really want too, im from estonia. please email me ! byeee.

Tot: 0.074s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 9; qc: 49; dbt: 0.0435s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb