One day in Frederikshavn


Advertisement
Published: July 1st 2013
Edit Blog Post

After a luxurious breakfast at the Scandic Plaza in Aarhus we bought tickets to the train to Frederikshavn and left our first desination on our trip. We had included Frederikshavn to our trip mostly in order to be close to Hirtshals on our way to the Faroe Islands, but we had seen some nice pictures of the town when we googled it so we hoped for a cute small town.

The train trip to Frederikshavn went well, the only set back was the wifi that stopped working after Aalborg. Our reserved places were taken when we got there, but the people sitting there quickly moved to other places so we actually ended up with better seats (window+isle next to each other in stead of window seats facing each other.

When we arrived to Frederikshavn we were a little worried about finding our hotel, but actually spoted it while walking towards the tourist info. We quickly realized the town was much smaller than we had thought, all stores seemed to be along the walking street that went through the city, and most of the bars as well. After some lunch we took a walking tour suggested in a tourist leaflet we had picked up at the hotel, taking us through a lot of small statues, mostly made by "local sculpturers". There was actually one site we liked a lot, the old houses at Fiskerklyngen which is the oldest part of the town.

The hotel that we stayed at also included a water world, so we went there to relax in the evening. We found a few warm water pools that we then stayed in for most of the time, the other part of the water world was quite crowded as all families with small children had gathered here due to the rainy weather. After a few hours we were very relaxed, an ready for the boat trip to Faroe islands starting the next day. According to Johanna this is when our around the world trip really starts, and I kind of agree, Denmark is a little bit too similar to Finland to feel exotic in any way!


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



Tot: 0.088s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 13; qc: 28; dbt: 0.0625s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb