Aarhus - Old City


Advertisement
Denmark's flag
Europe » Denmark » Region Midtjylland » Aarhus
July 22nd 2014
Published: July 22nd 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 56.1464, 10.2032

In Aarhus they have spent about 90 years collecting buildings from various areas of Denmark and reconstructing them on this site in a manner dieting a village (DenGamleBy). There are about 75 buildings dating back as far as the 1500's. Many represented the various trades as well as the wealthier land- holders at the time.

We then walked into the central city area and shopping district. Our apartment in quite central so we have managed to leave the car parked today.

We ate dinner at the apartment. The local grocery had a deli area and we have kitchen facilities in the apartment. Eating out here tends to be expensive and beer seems to be a staple. Prices on beer and wine are very reasonable in the groceries as is most of the food. Restaurants are another matter. A couple of paninis and beer can run into $ 50 - $60.

Walking develops good ankles because of the cobblestone streets.

Bicycles are a major means of transportation. They have separate lanes and traffic lights. Storage facilities are available at the train stations.

The apartment is very pleasant and it was nice to take a bit of a breather today after our trip into town. We caught up on laundry and sorted out a few of our future reservations.

Tomorrow we are back on the road.


Additional photos below
Photos: 54, Displayed: 22


Advertisement



22nd July 2014

Yes, it certainly is old but quite interesting.

Tot: 0.059s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 31; dbt: 0.032s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb