WONDERFUL, WONDERFUL COPENHAGEN


Advertisement
Denmark's flag
Europe » Denmark » Region Hovedstaden » Copenhagen
September 28th 2006
Published: September 28th 2006
Edit Blog Post

AirborneAirborneAirborne

Asleep in skybed.
Hilsen fra Københåvn,

Twenty three hours in transit and here we are across the other side of the world.
Left Perth right on time 11pm Tuesday and had an excellent flight on Qantas to Tokyo.
As soon as we levelled out after takeoff there was food on offer - at midnight!? Adrian said the rare beef fillet was superb, washed down with top quality Australian shiraz of course!

The skybeds were amazing - fully lying down with pillows and blankets altho its always hard to sleep in a strange environment. For insomniacs there was a choice of 60 different movies or Tv programmes (e.g Mythbusters & Da Vinci Code) - choose your own on your personal screen.

The flight was very smooth till about 5am Perth time when we were woken by a seatbelt announcemnt followed by a very rough couple of hours - found out later we passed through the edge of a big typhoon in Sth China Sea not far from Tokyo.

Cloud continued all the way to Tokyo where we landed in steady rain. We were panicking a bit thinking we had minimum time to change flights but Scandinavian had been delayed so
AirborneAirborneAirborne

Same with A.
we had plenty of time to get to the other terminal and look around. Tokyo (Narita) is something else again - jumbos and other mega-jets as far as the eye can see - from every country in the world.

We were given passes to the All Nippon Airways (ANA) club lounge which wasn't too shabby at all. First time I've encountered red velvet curtains in a loo, then there was the cubicle - talk about hightech! The seat was heated and the control panel alongside the throne had a scary range of options once the job was finished - didnt dare touch any of them in case an electronic hand popped out to assist. Common old flushing was achieved by waving your hand across a sensor........ you'll get the picture!

Meanwhile back in the club lounge you'll guess what Adrian was doing - a dainty little geisha girl showed him how the automatic beer-pouring machine produced the perfect head... oh dear.

More of the same for the next 11.5 hours on SAS - fascinating eyecam under the aircraft showed us actually taxying in the queue to take off ( nearly half an hour it was so busy),
Narita Airport.  Tokyo.Narita Airport.  Tokyo.Narita Airport. Tokyo.

Empty escalators in a country of millions.
full takeoff then showed the ground till we entered dense cloud about 1000ft. Followed the in-flight map on the screen in front of us - mind boggling passing over places like Korea, Siberia, KHAZAKSTAN(!), Moscow, St Petersburg and finally down across Norway, Finland, Swedn and into Denmark where the sun was shining and it was almost 20 degrees. Perfect landing and the captain had made up most of the delay time.

Couldn't believe we passed through customs & immigration in 5 minutes flat - Perth International eat your heart out! Caught a regular bus at the airport which dropped us outside our hotel door 40 mins later.

Hotel is a lovely old building, very helpful staff, comfortable room and boy did we sleep soundly till about 10am Perth time (i.e. 4am but we got up anyway).

Breakfast was outstanding - they sure know how to do a smørgåsbørd.

Drizzling outside but we're hitting the pavement anyway, the architecture is so beautiful down every street. Will try to load a few pics now and send more news after a look around.

Flavel fra us
Love to all, a&m







TunnelTunnelTunnel

Moving walkways to Satelite 3 of Terminal 1.



















Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement

Loo 2Loo 2
Loo 2

Red velvet curtains
SAS AirbusSAS Airbus
SAS Airbus

Our plane loading.
InflightInflight
Inflight

Siberia from the loo window.
CopenhagenCopenhagen
Copenhagen

Åvenue Høtel.
Avenue Hotel viewAvenue Hotel view
Avenue Hotel view

View from our room.
Bed, glorious bed.Bed, glorious bed.
Bed, glorious bed.

This was pretty good.


30th September 2006

Eagles won
The eagles won by 1 point... good to see you're both enjoying copenhagen. Looking forward to your next post. ~k

Tot: 0.04s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 10; qc: 26; dbt: 0.022s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb