Dept. BBQ, Dyrehave and Sankt Hans Eve


Advertisement
Denmark's flag
Europe » Denmark » Region Hovedstaden » Copenhagen
June 25th 2009
Published: June 25th 2009
Edit Blog Post

The weather for the last week has been absolutely gorgeous, so I've been taking full advantage with lots of outdoor activities. Last Sunday I attended the annual CAMD/CINF summer BBQ. (CAMD is the research group I work in at DTU and CINF is a closely related experimental research group here.) The weather was really nice and the food was fantastic. They roasted an entire pig, the Spanish students made sangria and there was a cake contest. It was my first time to try sangria - I'm now definitely a fan. We socialized and ate and then played frisbee and volleyball.

On Monday I rode my bike to Dyrehave which is a deer park about 4 miles away. It was really pretty and (surprise!) there were tons of deer. There was also (more surprisingly) an amusement park inside the deer park, but I only stopped inside briefly.

Tuesday was Sankt Hans Eve or Midsummer Eve, which is a celebration with beach bonfires around the longest day of the year. I went with some friends to Amager Strand which is a beach south of central Copenhagen. We brought some food and beer and just chilled out for awhile. There was quite a breeze, so although the weather was quite warm during the day it was a bit chilly on the beach in the evening. Afterwards we headed to Nyhavn in central Copenhagen and walked through that area where there were still quite a few people celebrating along the canal, and spent some time enjoying the view across from the opera house before heading home.


Additional photos below
Photos: 11, Displayed: 11


Advertisement



30th June 2009

Thanks
Thanks for the update Carrie. Love you and miss you

Tot: 0.104s; Tpl: 0.051s; cc: 6; qc: 24; dbt: 0.0421s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb