The girls (and Lawrence) live it up in Europe


Advertisement
Denmark's flag
Europe » Denmark » Region Hovedstaden » Copenhagen
October 2nd 2007
Published: October 2nd 2007
Edit Blog Post

On the 11th of September I was lucky enough to have Mum touch down in London and come bounding out of the arrivals hall with a big smile and a 'I've made it!'. She's quite resilient that Mum of mine...after a 2 hour delay getting through immigration, our journey back home didn't go any smoother. First the piccadilly line went down, then the Jubilee line and then to top it all off, there was an arms/military weapons conference on at the building next to Mads' place (where mum was lucky enough to stay) which meant the whole area was cordened off and it took us about 1 hour to get clearance to get Mum in (she does look pretty dodgy though and they were selling oozies and armed tankers so I guess it we should have seen it coming). If it bothered her after such a long flight, you wouldn't have known, she was so excited and happy.

After a lovely time catching up with Lawrence and I in London (and the city sights she loves so much), we all flew down to visit the Jarvis' in Cornwall (albeit 2.5 hrs late after Ryan Air, the 'on time' airline, delayed our flight after our plane collided with the tug on the runway...nice!). Those who think the Brits can't do a good beach have not got down Cornwall way that's for sure, it was brilliant!

Lawrence kindly (and probably for his sake, just in the nick of time) bid us farewell and headed back to London...but Mum and my trip had only just started and we flew straight off to Prague. What a gorgeous city, full of cobblestoned streets, orchestral music echoing the lanes and loads of yummy beef goulash.

From Prague we headed north to Copenhagen, one of many cities I was almost born in (after Mum's trip to Europe 3 weeks before I was born in 1978!). Although we didn't catch sight of Mary, her beau or the littlies, I could still see Mum had got her fill of Tasmanian royalty. We explored the city on foot (Mum again showing her fitness, happily wandering around this scandinavian city for 8 hours a day without complaint - although I did feed her with many a apple cake/cookie along the way!).

We certainly wore out Mum's favourite sandles but it was worth it as we both had such
The RitzThe RitzThe Ritz

This is Mum in the Ritz private area where you are not allowed to take photos
a fabulous holiday. I have attached a few piccies from our trip (and some of us in London) x


Additional photos below
Photos: 9, Displayed: 9


Advertisement



Tot: 0.262s; Tpl: 0.016s; cc: 13; qc: 66; dbt: 0.0653s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb