Greetings from Copenhagen!!!


Advertisement
Denmark's flag
Europe » Denmark » Region Hovedstaden » Copenhagen
June 27th 2007
Published: June 27th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Central Copehagen Central Copehagen Central Copehagen

City hall on the right
Hi Folks,

This is our first travel blog on the road. Hope this works ok... We are having a cool time so far, if not a little exhausted for our long journey here... Copenhagen is a very cool city, the standard of living here seems really high... Its a quiet city considering its size .... the airport was quiet..... not like London. ny etc ..... Heather is already editing what Im saying... she can post a few later!! oh yeah the trains are quiet too, The people are really nice and friendly . Everybody we have met so far can converse in English which is great considering our Danish is non existent....

didn´t save all my mail ... so lets go again!! I like the open plan of this city...it doesn´t feel like a normal city with all the hustle and bustle of lets say London or NY.... People here use public transport and ride their bikes . There are just over 5 million Danes and about 10 million bikes!!
You can rent a bike here for about 20 kroner (4 dollars) and get your money back when you relock it in one of the approved locations around the city..

Went for a walk around the city. We walked a street called Strogel. Its the first and longest pedestrianised street in Europe!! We ate at a good restaurant called Rio Bravo recommended by the locals.... they eat crispy Pork with lots of fat here... Yoke!!

Its rather chilly here compared to Bermuda... its about 16 degrees and Heather is freezing... we will be buying warmer clothes straightaway.. the days are long too... its gets dark around 11pm and I woke up at 4.15am and it was already getting bright.. this will take a little time to adjust to!


Went to a cool Icebar last night..... see photos... Heather says I shouldn´t go on too long plus I lost my previous draft... Heading to Helsingnor tomorrow north of the city to see the castle that inspired Shakespeare Hamlet and then on to Oslo

later....


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

the little Mermaidthe little Mermaid
the little Mermaid

plus a random tourist and me
Ice barIce bar
Ice bar

Everything made of ice except floor..... cheers!!


Tot: 0.089s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0417s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 2; ; mem: 1.1mb