Copenhagen


Advertisement
Denmark's flag
Europe » Denmark » Region Hovedstaden » Copenhagen
July 24th 2005
Published: August 17th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Copenhagen would have never been on our list of travel sights if some of our best friends wouldn't have moved there earlier this year. So while we enjoyed visiting this city during our travels, what we LOVED more was seeing the Giff family!

The city itself was quite small so it was easy to navigate for those reasons however you had to be EXTRA careful not to get runover by a bike. For those of you who don't know about a luxury tax, get ready for this, in Denmark if you would like a luxury item such as say.....a car, you better be prepared to shell out an extra 180% tax! So needless to say bikes are the economical way to drive. We passed on the adventure of using the colorful albeit ugly public bikes just because I (Aud) was too much of a chicken to get on one. Managed to get on a boat tour where we saw some of the beautiful scenery including the little mermaid (all in one piece as the tendency of this poor monument is to be molested by people, she has had her head and other extremities chopped off for no apparent reason!)

We also took the Oresund Bridge - Europe’s longest bridge at a whopping 5 mile length to Malmo for a day trip. It was ok, cutesy town but the most interesting part was the Turning Torso (see it in the pic), Swedens tallest building. Our last night, we met a few of our friends' friends and ehjoyed a few beers in one of the worst service oriented pubs ever! I know some of our Australian friends reject the American tradition of tipping however let me tell you if paying a bit extra to actually get an on time service and a cheerful waiter/waitress so be it!

All in all one of the highlights of our trip.



Additional photos below
Photos: 10, Displayed: 10


Advertisement



17th August 2005

Cool
Looks like you guys are having a blast. Quite curious about Italian pizzas and how they really compare. When are you going to France?

Tot: 0.071s; Tpl: 0.014s; cc: 8; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0422s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb