Denmark


Advertisement
Denmark's flag
Europe » Denmark » Region Hovedstaden » Copenhagen
May 19th 2007
Published: May 19th 2007
Edit Blog Post

DrivewayDrivewayDriveway

What a great way to enter your home!
What a Cool place, but man my feet hurt!!! I have never seen extremely modern architecture right next to very old city architecture. It was a bit confusing getting around at first, being our first stop and having a strange language barrier. Ashley and I had joked about how it would only take 2 weeks before we would bump into someone we knew, it took 2 days till i ran into anouther Hobart Student and friend, a Chi Phi brother none the less. I had completely forgotten that Neil was in Denmark for the semester and Ashley was stunned when i suddenly leaped onto a strange person outside of a shop.
Christiana was... interesting... Certantly the product of "flower Children" but it could use a good community clean up day. Denmarks open container laws, or lack there of within city limits is quite nice. Its not uncommon to see people just strolling down the street with a Tuborg or a Carlsberg beer in hand. The kids were quite lively, a bit too much! And they were also model-like good looking... not just one of them, but the majority. I kind of felt short and fat compared to everyone!
We had
A Street in CopenhagenA Street in CopenhagenA Street in Copenhagen

I dont know, if you saw it, you would understand
some interesting meals in Denmark as well! of course being the first stop on the trip we were still a bit uncomfortable wodnering till we found a place to eat, so we settled for the first place with space! The street hotdog vendors served the franfurters off the bun with bread on the side, it took a second try to ask for a French hot Dog, which is inside a bagguette with ur choice of sauce. By inside the bread i mean it was literally slipped into a dug out section of a bagguette, except for about a 1/4 of it which hung out in a way only the french would think up! We avoided most traditional Danish dinners, mostly because they all involved Herring.
Some of the really interesting stores were design based, alot of interesting kitchenwares. Probally the best was a knife holder that was in the shape of a person and the knifes were stabbing it.
Tommorow morning we leave for Holland because hte flight was FAR FAR cheaper on saturday then it was on sunday!


Additional photos below
Photos: 30, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

TOILETTOILET
TOILET

Always a good time for some potty humor!!! this one was by a canal.
Royal Court (yard)Royal Court (yard)
Royal Court (yard)

We got to see the changing of the guards!! Which might not be so "cool" if it didnt happen to happen as we were just wondering by.
Guards!Guards!
Guards!

I was very tempted to buy one of their fancy hats
AshleyAshley
Ashley

I was attempting to play with the Appeture setting to take good portraits... I think i figured it out
Ashley2Ashley2
Ashley2

I was attempting to play with the Appeture setting to take good portraits... I think i figured it out
CobblestoneCobblestone
Cobblestone

Great courtyard!
TreesTrees
Trees

We ended up in this amazingly beautiful and upscale Park by a canal
ModernModern
Modern

Modern, but not tacky! Bravo
Cool artCool art
Cool art

Art in the upscale Park/garden
Water FallWater Fall
Water Fall

Cool Water Fall Sculpture!
Danish Garden FlowersDanish Garden Flowers
Danish Garden Flowers

Again, playing around with the camera, it took a few trys but even in direct sun light i figured it out!
so Danishso Danish
so Danish

We saw the building that was the cover of the fodors guide! but we didnt have a camera so this one will do!
FDR in CPH?FDR in CPH?
FDR in CPH?

yea... that is FDR, we stopped for a second to look around and saw this!!!
Nice StreetNice Street
Nice Street

A Street i wouldnt mind living on!
Nice Street 2Nice Street 2
Nice Street 2

A Street i wouldnt mind living on!
BuildingBuilding
Building

Now thats pretty cool!
SAGA QUEENSAGA QUEEN
SAGA QUEEN

Really funny for my Hobart friends cause thats the name of our Nasty dining hall!


19th May 2007

Have A Great Time...
Love the blog
28th May 2007

Just a small comment
Nice post. I'm glad you had a nice time in our "small town" - atleast compared to NYC.
31st May 2007

envy
I'm jealous Ryan. And that's not something that is easy to achieve or something to which I would easily admit. I've wanted to visit Copenhagen for some time now, but have heard that its prohibitively expensive. You'll have to let me know what you thought when you return.

Tot: 0.085s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 8; qc: 51; dbt: 0.0535s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb