Wonderful, Wonderful Copenhagen


Advertisement
Denmark's flag
Europe » Denmark » Region Hovedstaden » Copenhagen
March 19th 2021
Published: April 5th 2021
Edit Blog Post

http://www.heygo.com 19th March - Copenhagen

I took this trip back in January so it was nice to take the boat trip again with the sun shining.

The yellow harbour buses take you up and down the harbour on a regular bus ticket. They are running on electricity, a “green” journey through the city and see Copenhagen from the waterside. Not only are the Harbour buses an efficient means of public transportation in Copenhagen, but it’s also a big part of the city’s hard work of lowering its CO2 emissions. Actually, the Harbour buses are both NOx- and particle-neutral.

Our trip lasted about 20 minutes and we disembarked at Nyhavn canal.

The canal was built to connect Kongens Nytorv to the harbour and was long a haunt for sailors and writers, including Hans Christian Andersen. He wrote The Tinderbox, Little Claus and Big Claus and The Princess and the Pea while living at No 20, and also spent time living at Nos 18 and 67.

The oldest house on the canal is number 9, remarkably unaltered since its construction in 1681.

The reflections of the afternoon sun were quite magical. #virtualtrips.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement






Tot: 0.508s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 13; qc: 41; dbt: 0.1188s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb