It's a long way........interim update...


Advertisement
Czech Republic's flag
Europe » Czech Republic
June 14th 2015
Published: June 25th 2017
Edit Blog Post

Geo: 48.9824, 14.469

WOOF!...........its 1750 local time and we are sitting in our 5th Floor room (502) in the Hotel Grand "ZVON" in picturesque Cesky Budejovice, South Bohemia. Neddy's mileage shows 825 since leaving Epsom on Thursday. I have used about 2 tanks of petrol so not too bad. Neddy is amongst friends here......no more vicious Audi A8's and horrid Porsche Cayennes but rather benign looking Skoda Estelles and weather beaten Volkswagen Polos. The locals look at him admiringly.........despite his bug crusted headlights.

We bade farewell to our host in Ansbach just after 9000hrs this morning and struck a course due East on Autobahn E49 past Nuremberg and onto Rostodov at the boarder with the Czech Republic. The sun is shining and we have the windows wide open after last nights musical meal of Ansbach Sausage and Sauerkraut!!!!.

The Hotel Zum Lamm was a great little guest house (run by a chirpy ex pat Turk) with tiled floors, a little wood panelled breakfast room and net curtains. Clean and just perfect for a one night stop. The only downside being creaking wooden beds and the nearby Deutsch Bahn railway line between Nuremberg and Wurzburg that roared past every 15 mins after 0400hrs!

Todays 220 mile drive took us through yet more great scenery. The Autobahn snaked its way over viaducts and forest clad highways. In the distance we spied little villages with the classic onion domed churches......fields of wheat, corn and cabbages abound........at around 11:30 we crossed into The Czech Republic!

More to follow.........


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement



Tot: 0.035s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0167s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1mb