this place...beautiful


Advertisement
Published: July 5th 2006
Edit Blog Post

i realized that i have used the words "beautiful" "gorgeous" "Amazing" and "incredible" more times in the past few weeks than i have my whole life. but it's true, some of the things we've seen have been so heartstopping you just have to let your jaw drop open and stare. example: today we went on a horseback ride. it was alot of fun, i haven't riden a horse in years, but i remembered why i took lessons for so long, getting on a horse and then riding into the forest, is so peaceful, it gives you a chance to think and silently meditate on everything you forget about when you're too busy doing other things. we went up the most beautiful hills, and saw the whole town layed out below us. it was definitly one of those wow moments.

his town is so quaint...bridges and little rivers, and all these tiny house built here in the middle ages. i guess the whole town is on the UNESCO list (it's a list of great cultural, artistic, or enviormentally important places.) i can see why. this town hasn't changed for hundreds of years and i doubt they want too any time soon.

it's also nice being here instead of a big city. i guess if i could do this all over again, and i hope i get the oppurtunity to come backto some places...then i would love to go to some little town in the middle of nowhere for a week at a time, walk to the farthest point i can, just to see what i find. we did that in venice, and it was a blast. we've stayed in alot of big cities, and it will be nice to go home where i know everything that's happeneing. who knew i'd say that about portland ! i always use to despise how small the place was to me...but i guess it's true what the say about absense and the heart.

so, tommorow off to germany. i can only hope that things aern't crazy there, what with the world cup and all. i catch snippets of what's going on...like how i found out mexico lost 😞 and so did brazil, and then i saw the video and the newspapers showing all these crying fans!!! imagine grown men crying because their favorite team lost. football is huge here, people take it much more seriously than at home.

well, tommorow we're off, and i apologize for the lack of pictures, i will try my best when i can, but the smaller countries that we're traveling in now seem to not use usb.... oh well.

Advertisement



5th July 2006

i love you so much...and thats all i have to say about that

Tot: 0.121s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 10; qc: 47; dbt: 0.058s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb