oh cesky krumlov


Advertisement
Published: September 6th 2007
Edit Blog Post

hello everyone!

well this will be my last group email as a dirty dirty backpacker because tonight im off to poland and my placement starts this weekend and then my friends... i will be a teacher... those poor poor polish children!



anyway since prague ive had a few (mis)adventures, the bus i intended to get ended up not existing and the unpleasant folk at the prague bus depot weren't very helpful! so i ended up spending another day in prague which honestly... i was pretty happy about... ive really fallen in love with prague, and with czech republic, its such a beautiful country if i could i would spend another month just travelling through czech republic. I got speaking to a girl from czech republic here in cesky krumlov and she told me all about the amazing places in czech republic... i really want to see them!



i also have a burning desire to learn czech, just because it sounds cool! but no uni in melbourne offers it to study, but they do offer polish and ukranian so maybe i'll do one of them next year...



also the weather here had been ABISMAL ive spent the last few days in my thermals its been that cold!im in cesky krumlov now, its about 3 hours out of prague, and its beautiful! apparently even more so in the summer... or when its sunny... but its such a nice place to just take it easy and absorb the eastern european culture, which by the way is so interesting and cheap! i can now understand why people say you come back from eastern europe as an alcoholic... i found 1 litre of wine for about AU$1 my god thats cheap!



the buses here ar einteresting though... i thought i was going to be on some sort of coach but it was just a normal bus, for 3 hours, and people kept piling in... im sure its not safe but hey, i got here alive with all my stuff too... so im happy!



im really tired so i cant think of much else to say, just thought id sum up the last few days of my big trip because im sure the next few weeks are going to be crazy and i'll probably forget most of the stuff i did here! haha



anyway i'll speak to you all soon

cheers

-Joel



Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement

the castle tower at nightthe castle tower at night
the castle tower at night

it was so freakin cold


Tot: 0.083s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 58; dbt: 0.0484s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb