Day 12


Advertisement
Czech Republic's flag
Europe » Czech Republic » Prague
July 20th 2006
Published: July 20th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Today was the last day of our Brand Czech/Brand USA class. So that's 3 credit hours under my belt for this trip 😊

This morning we had a meeting with the MU study abroad coordinator, our US Brand professor, and the professors for our next class. It was boring and a little pointless, but that's OK. After that, we visited a pretty cool ad agency. We came in at like 11:00 a.m. and they served us beer (I don't do pivo before lunch) and talked about their clients (beer) and some other stuff. Overall, it was pretty cool.

We went to lunch with the US students (the Czech students are done) and our professor bought, so that was very nice. Then we went to our professor's son's ad agency for a little bit. He talked about being an American starting up an agency in a foreign country. It was very interesting, but I think I'll get a job in the US.

After the ad agency we said goodbye to our professor, who said he'll hopefully come visit us in Columbia sometime. Rachel, Maxine and I then went souveneir shopping in Old Town, and I got a few things on my list.

We went back to the dorms, and the bathroom (the one with the toilet, not the one with the shower) was completely flooded. Maxine and I went to the front desk to see if someone could come fix what we thought was a leaky toilet. Apparently the problem was our less-than-intelligent roommates, the sorority girls in the room next to ours decided to kill a grasshopper by dumping a few gallons of water on it, and then neglected to clean up the water. So we still have a huge lake in our bathroom, which is annoying.

Tonight we went to the opera. We saw Don Giovanni at the Estates Theater, which was the theater that premiered the show in 1787. I loved it! I was able to follow along pretty well, considering that the whole thing was in Italian.

On the way home, we saw a couple doing major PDA on the subway...that was uncomfortable, but apparently PDA is much more acceptable here than it is in the US.

Tomorrow morning we head to Vienna. We will be gone until Sunday. By then, I should have lots of fun pictures to post!

Advertisement



20th July 2006

Enjoy Vienna
Glad to hear you are feeling better. Enjoy your weekend in Vienna. Take care of yourself and watch yourself on the subway.
21st July 2006

Glad you're up & Running Again!
Sounds like your day was busy. I'm so glad you enjoyed the opera! What a neat experience!! Have a great time in Vienna! P.S. Operation Rescue Grandma is underway. They've made it to the 16th Floor, now all they have to do is bring her down!! More info to come....

Tot: 0.059s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.038s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb