Teddy's European Tour


Advertisement
Czech Republic's flag
Europe » Czech Republic » Prague
July 11th 2006
Published: July 12th 2006
Edit Blog Post

We didn't think that we would be doing one of these everyday, but we have done and seen so much today, we couldnt leave it for another day, so here goes.

We started the day looking at the map of Prague trying to find the way upto the castle, when we noticed that there was a church on the way called St.Nicholas. Having read about it in the guide book, we decided to pay it a visit on the way - we were so glad that we did, I think our bottom jaws are still in there somewhere. Cathy's exact words where that having seen several different churches, she had never seen one like this. The detail was amazing, from the paintings on the roof, to the statue's and the gold that was everywhere.

We then started the long climb up to the castle, which, in this heat, even at 10 o'clock in the morning, is not easy.

The castle itself is huge and is extremely busy, it is hard to move round with all the tours that are going on. We saw St.Vitus Cathedral, very similar to York Minster and Westminster, huge, gothic and imposing, and unlike St.Nicholas Church, was full of stained glass and stone columns. Cathy braved the 300+ stairs to the top of the tower for a fantastic view over Prague and the castle, although she said it was very scary trying to get up and down the narrow spiral staircase. There really is to much to mention with the rest of the castle, but we have some pictures below for you.

We noticed this weird garden and wall whilst in the castle and tried to find it, and ended up in some posh art gallery - but top marks to the lady at the desk, who asked and gave Cathy a student discount even though she told her she wasnt one until September!! Cheers m'dears!!

Finally found the entrance to the garden, and it turns out that it was free, good job the art exhibition wasnt actually all that bad.

Just been for tea and a walk over Charles Bridge, the photo is for you Emily. Listened to some music from a lady with a guitar, which was nice, and just away to enjoy a bottle of champagne, ah this is the life!!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement



Tot: 0.062s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0368s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb