Finally...Prague!


Advertisement
Czech Republic's flag
Europe » Czech Republic » Prague
July 9th 2006
Published: July 9th 2006
Edit Blog Post

After three flights, we're finally in the Czech Republic! I'll spare you the details...it was a lot of waiting...that was not fun.

Today we have spent time getting to know the other people in the program, including the Czech students. We arrived in Prague (or Praha), went through customs, got luggage, met with the students and teachers we'd be working with, and got in vans to our dorms. Check in took a while at our dorms...apparently they had mixed up all the groups or something...I don't know.

Anyway, our dorms are in this beautiful building. Right now the majority of people living here are American students on programs similar to ours. We are living in a three bedroom place, which also has a kitchenette. Pictures to come later...you know, after I take them. There are seven girls living in the three bedrooms in our place, and only one shower.

After we got settled in, we went to a restaurant with the students and teachers in the group. We made plans for tomorrow and the rest of the night is ours. I think I am going to take a mini-nap (because I didn't sleep on the plane) and watch the world cup later on tonight with some people!

More interesting details to come when I am not sleep-deprived!

Advertisement



9th July 2006

Happy Arrival!
We are so glad that you had a good, safe trip to Prague. Now the fun begins--new friends, new experiences and lots of learning. Keep the letters coming. Love you lots.
9th July 2006

this is so begrudging
Congrats on Italy's big win! I was obviously rooting for France, but it's been a fun cup either way. Hope Prague is awesome!

Tot: 0.139s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.117s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb