Where's the Roller Coaster?


Advertisement
Czech Republic's flag
Europe » Czech Republic » Prague
May 14th 2006
Published: May 14th 2006
Edit Blog Post

Sex MuseumSex MuseumSex Museum

Oh yes that's right. Here are some things from the museum. Um, use your imagination we won't explain it.
We made it to Prague and we've had a great few days. We got off the train and just as I remembered, there were people there to lead us to rooms in the city.

It's been 4 days and I'm still weary because we got a FANTASTIC apartment for 50 euro a night. When you take in the fact that most hostels were going for about 15 a person, and you add in that we have separate rooms, a full kitchen, satellite TV, you wonder how you found such a good deal. I mean yes, there is construction in the building so it's not the quietest place in the world, but it's about 100 yards from the "famous" Astronomical Clock and 1/4 mile from the Charles Bridge which leads to the Prague Castle.

Needless to say, we've taken in all the requisite sites as well as a small Dali exhibit we stumbled upon, the Sex Machine museum around the corner from us, and a trip to a neighborhood outside of the tourist district just to stroll around. On top of that, we've sampled at least 10 different beers of the local variety, had some absinthe, and made a few trips to the grocery store so we could cook dinner. Teresa made us spaghetti one night and tacos another. It's so wonderful to have a kitchen. I didn't realize how much we missed cooking.

The reason I titled this "where's the roller coaster?" is because Prague has definitely become a tourist mecca. Ian put it best when he said he felt like he was in an amusement park. It's changed considerably even since I was here in 2002. It's not a bad thing, it's just really, really touristy. It's still amazingly beautiful, there is still a cheap beer and meal to be had, but it's definitely lost that "hidden treasure" charm. I'm sure the charm was already greatly reduced in 2002 but it's pretty much non-existent now. I'm sure there's another place out there that has replaced it and, who knows, maybe we'll stumble upon it along the way.

In other news, the mighty US dollar is plummeting in value. It's down to 70 cents on the Euro. That's great seeing as how 4 days ago, it was at 80 cents. Kind of squeezes the life out of your budget, but hey, things could be worse.

We're
Hooker's shoes Hooker's shoes Hooker's shoes

These shoes were worn by prostitutes back in the day. They say follow me
going to take a day trip tomorrow before heading off to Poland on Tuesday. Life, as usual, is good.


Additional photos below
Photos: 14, Displayed: 14


Advertisement

Day trip from PragueDay trip from Prague
Day trip from Prague

We saw a church that was decorated in the bones of about 40,000 people.


15th May 2006

sex machine?
that is so funny, because on our favorite show, Boston Legal, there was an episode about an antique one!!! loved your notes..

Tot: 0.094s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 7; qc: 45; dbt: 0.0678s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb