Prague


Advertisement
Czech Republic's flag
Europe » Czech Republic » Prague
November 8th 2009
Published: November 8th 2009
Edit Blog Post

Prague definitely rates up there with Budapest as one of the prettiest cities I have been too. Much like Budapest it is very accommodating of tourists and indeed has everyything you could want comfort wise. the best part 16 Czech Krowns to the Aussie dollar making Pints only $2 each!

The train trip from Budapest was interesting and made me glad I chose to travel by rail. Unlike the previous train this one was much more comforatble so the 7hr ride slipped by rather quickly. Travelling through Slovakia was interesting and in a purely selfish way made me happy i chose not to stop there as it wasnt too pretty! The scenery in the Sth of the Czech Republic (being much less industrialised) was stunning. Spent my first day (really only half a day) shopping for a jacket as it was very cold in Prague, top temps of about 6 celcius and colder by night, but clear skies so cant complain.

Wencesalas Square, the Museum, Charles Bridge, The Old Town, The Old Synagogue, Prague Castle (amazing), the Astronomical Clock, also clombed the tower at Charles Bridge which was great, even on a cold and overcast day as the views were fantastic. Biggest problem at the moment is the lack of daylight with the sun setting before 5pm. Luckily some of the best sights are at night however so its all a bit of a win-win situation.

Food and the Beer in the Czech Republic is great, cheap on both accounts and borrows a bit from the Slav flavours but also a bit from the Germanic. Definitely on the return to list.



Advertisement



Tot: 0.221s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 12; qc: 43; dbt: 0.0422s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb