Road to Prague


Advertisement
Czech Republic's flag
Europe » Czech Republic » Prague
September 1st 2008
Published: September 3rd 2008
Edit Blog Post

Dresden


On the way to Prague we stopped off at Dresden, a city that was almost completely destroyed by bombders during the war. Despite this, the town has been reconstructed and actually looks some what upper class. I didn't take many photos as time was limited, but you can see from the church photos that some of the old blocks were used when it was reconstructed.

Went and had a potato and cheese bake with Christy and Helen for lunch at a traditional looking restuarnt and then we headed off to Prague.

Road to Prague


We got to the Czech Republic way faster then expected. On our way to Prague, we drove through some town that was run down as hell. You could see all the yuppie bitches smiles turn into "Carrot up the arse" frowns. It was great!
I was sitting there all excited thkning we were going to get a real culture shock, but sadly we continued driving into the beautiful city that is Prague.

We arrived about 4pm and Rocket (our tour driver) dropped us off at Prague Castle. On our way in, we walked past some guards in their little houses and one angry motherfucker who was patrolling. He needed a little bit of TLC.

Went into the first square of the castle, briefly checked out the church, which was massive (smaller then York Minster though). I didn't have much room so had to take two photos to try and capture the sheer size of the building.

Then was a brief walk across Charles' Bridge. Macca mentioned we needed to be careful as there were pickpockets who targeted tourists in busy areas. The walk was so fucking stressful. Everytime someone looked at me, my mind just went "YO THAT MOTHER FUCKER IS CHECKING OUT YOUR SHIT." Everytime you walked close to someone you squeezed onto your belonings like someone clenching their fists when they're constipated on the toilet.

Eventually we got off the bridge and walked into old town square where the group broke up to go find food and convert money into Czech Crowns.

I converted 50 euro (100nz) and got 850 Czech Crowns. Nice. Went and got a pasta for 75 crowns, tried some deep fried cheese which is a delicacy over here. It was mean. Had 3 beers for 55 crown each, which is like 2.5 euro (4.5 NZ). All up, i paid 350 corwn, (25nz) whcih included the meal, money for the cheese, 3 beers and money for sitting outside (300 crown) which we split.

Got to the Hostel which is way better then Berlin. Bigger room, nicer bed, nicer shower, shower and toilet split, heaters, proper lockers, pool, sauna, pool table, lots of internet computers, volly ball, ping pong and a bar. Living it up like royalty.

Early night for me. Catch you up.


Additional photos below
Photos: 24, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

Funny PaintingFunny Painting
Funny Painting

The outside of this building looks like the blocks painted on it are 3D. It's cool.


16th September 2008

pick pockets are gay, they like slice yr bag straps and cut sneaky holes in yr bags and junk so all yr shit falls out and they take it and gap. they use children a lot too. cheeky bastards.

Tot: 0.095s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 6; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0554s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb