Praha 1


Advertisement
Czech Republic's flag
Europe » Czech Republic » Prague
September 1st 2008
Published: September 1st 2008
Edit Blog Post

Today we arrived in Prague.

We got in and took a bus to the town center and then walked to our studio bedroom sublet.

We really lucked out with this place(Pension Plantan), it is very near the city center and quite nice for the price.

As it started to rain we walked down to the Old Town Center Square and then further south to get a bite to eat at Plzenska Rest. u Dvou Kocek (Between the 2 Cats). I wanted something Czech authentic so I order a Pilsner and some goulash with bacon dumplings. It was actually quite good to my surprise. Robyn's risotto on the other hand was a disaster. Nor did they have anything to drink but serious beer. When I asked the waiter (a fat man) if they had cider he got this strange look on his face and said, "Cider is what they have for beer in Paris. Here we drink real beer." I think the thought I was unsatisfied with Pilsner and needed to buck up and be a man. When I explained that it was for Robyn, he loosened his pose a bit but still did not have cider.

On our way back to the square we stopped in a number of cool little shops and got some food from the Tesco and the Havelska Market. We also found a cool marionette store (marionettes are big here) called Obchod Bejoavalo at Jilska 22 ( www.marionettes.cz ).

We went down to the Old Town Square and were just in time to see the Astronomical Clock do it's little top of the hour show. great stuff.

We had another drink and people watched at the town square before heading back to the apartment to relax. On the way back we got a gyro at Dahab because Robyn was still hungary after her risotto disaster.


Additional photos below
Photos: 4, Displayed: 4


Advertisement

The Scenery in PragueThe Scenery in Prague
The Scenery in Prague

T-moble is so very riqué in Praha


Tot: 0.175s; Tpl: 0.009s; cc: 8; qc: 62; dbt: 0.0668s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb