Prauge


Advertisement
Czech Republic's flag
Europe » Czech Republic » Prague
July 9th 2008
Published: July 9th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Russian DollsRussian DollsRussian Dolls

Dolls in Prague

Prague



Prague is so beautiful. All the buildings are picturesques and the views are stunning. We arrived yesterday lunch time, and managed to get to our hostel after getting to grips with the metro and the tram. After a nap we went into town to explore. In time square there was a clock that had a skeleton ring a bell on the hour then people statue things started to move about. Was rather scary, tho bit of a disappointment as it was on the list of to see things in Prague. If you blinked it could have easily been missed. In time square we then bumped into two Americans (Max and Jason) we met in Amsterdam (we played chess) and went for dinner and drinks with them. They got mashed off their faces, the lightweights.

Today we went around the Old Town and to the Castle. The castle has it's own catherdral, which was really big and the queue for it was really long. I came up with a cunning plan that if we (Dina, Nat and I) asked the security guard if we could pray he would let us sit down on the roped off pew in the catherdral (as I really needed to sit down). Instead he got a walkie talkie out and another guard came over and asked would we prefer to pray in private. We were bit shocked and confused with the effort and his question we just said ' oh we don't mind'. So he then took us to a private room in the Cathedral. In our embarressment and fighting off the giggles we thanked him and just went in. Feeling rather guilty (and fear God might smite us down) we decided to pray. Every time I looked up to leave Nat and Dina's heads were still down. So I was like "... and also". Felt like forever, but bless the guard he was waiting outside so we couldn't just walk out.

The journey from Berlin to Prague went quite quick, as slept throught most of it. Soph, Jo and I went out the night before to the NewBerlin Pub Crawl. It was really good as there was such an interesting mix of people from all over the place, full of fellow interrailers who were going or have been to places on our route, and also 3 guys per girl. Our English accents went down well. Whilst in Berlin also went to the Bauhaus museum. Was really cool to see stuff learnt in lectures or seen in books for real. Got some postcards so hope that will inspire future projects.

Were off out tonight to have beer or cocktails and find somewhere to dance. Beer is only 50-80p but its so filling and so is Czech food so most likely cocktails. We are here until the 11th (I think from top of head) where we are off to Vienna.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.059s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 7; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0304s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb