Success!


Advertisement
Czech Republic's flag
Europe » Czech Republic » Prague
July 6th 2008
Published: July 6th 2008
Edit Blog Post

We were severely delayed as we began our German adventure from Hradec to Praha and to make matters worse, it was a weekend, which I figured from the flags on the sides of the autobuses in HK and also the realisation that there was a major music festival and film festival running, Rock For People and Karlovy Vary respectively 😊. We decided to go via bus initially as it would be cheaper but as we sat eating a delicious lunch of warm bread, cheese and cherry tomatoes it dawned on us that the bus was not coming and rushing to HK Hlavni Nadrazi we noticed a late train to Praha Masarykova and boarded it post haste. We got into Praha Masarykova very late with about a half hour to spare and walked the short distance from Praha M to Praha Hlavni Nadrazi.
I sent Adal off to buy a bottle of water whilst I dealt with the ticket office.
Having got a ticket, we sprinted across the station, got to the taxi rank and enquired about the price to which the driver replied an extortionate amount. At this point I turned my back and went back to the underground station. The time was now 1630 and we had lost hope to get to Berlin at our desired time with our desired train at 1636. With the knowledge of the next train being at 1902 and the fact that we had come so close our hearts were heavy and we trudged to Nadrazi Holesovice. As we came into the railway station, we noticed that the trian had been delayed! Using all our strength we sprinted across the concourse and bundled ourselves onto the train, which began in seconds after our arrival. Success finally!!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.054s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 10; qc: 44; dbt: 0.0344s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb