Safe and Sound but a bit cold in Prague


Advertisement
Czech Republic's flag
Europe » Czech Republic » Prague
March 19th 2008
Published: March 19th 2008
Edit Blog Post

Arrived safe and sound,

Hi guys, we have arrived in Prague, safe and sound but a bit bloody cold.
We had a very long trip, just over 34 hours in fact. Have to say the kids were absolutely fantastic. Deb’s sister Lil very kindly drove us to Brisbane airport after a couple of nights with Debs Dad, Buster. It was a great chance to catch up with him and Debs family. We left Brisbane and flew to Singapore and made the most of the movies on demand feature which has been in for some time but we had not used it before. Got to Singapore with a few square eyes amongst us and we had a couple of hours to wait till we boarded our place for Amsterdam and onto Prague. Deb and the girls made the most of the free leg and foot massage centres that are dotted around the airport and I have to say they were really good. Deb still has to have clexain injections so any massage of the legs was welcomed. Poor old Layni fell asleep on the chairs waiting for the onward flight and then fell off the chairs onto the floor. She didn’t even stir so we made a little bed up for her and she more or less stayed asleep until we shuffled her onto the plane and she continued sleeping for about the next 8 hours which was great.

We arrived in Amsterdam about 5.30am and then flew onto Prague, arriving here about 9.00am. When we got to Prague Airport it was minus three Celsius. Just after we checked into the apartment it started to snow and I mean it was bucketing down! We had showers and headed out for a bit of a walk around Prague. Our first impressions are that it truly is a beautiful city with so much to see and learn about. We didn’t take our guide books for the first walk but managed to find the essentials in Europe - coffee for us and hot crepes for the girls!! It really is very, very cold so we headed back to the apartment for a rest and a warm up. The apartment is a two bedroom apartment that is really well set up, plenty of room and really comfortable with a very easy walk to the main part of the city. Think the rest of the day will be just that, rest!!.



Additional photos below
Photos: 6, Displayed: 6


Advertisement

Residence Verona Residence Verona
Residence Verona

The apartments where we are staying


20th March 2008

Looks ccccold !
20th March 2008

Glad to hear the trip was good! Shed a couple of tears when I saw the photo's of the snow in Prague and how beautiful it looks and regreted not being there. Thinking of you xo
20th March 2008

Saying Hi
Hi everyone, glad to see that you are all safe and well.....it's great to hear all your news. Lots of love, the Dwyers xox
21st March 2008

"Love the Blog"
You have now introduced me to "blogs" - love it. So pleased that you survived the long trip OK (with a few luxuries along the way). Looking forward to hearing more of your travels. Luv The Hursties
21st March 2008

so excited to get your blog.sounds like you guys are on trip of a lifetime so wish i was there.keep in touch!
24th March 2008

Easter
Yes, I know, people from Amsterdam always react a little later, but better late than never. It's Easter now and it's also snowing in Amsterdam. It's been years since it snowed here around this time. Dress warmly like we do and you'll be ok!! Talk 2 u soon

Tot: 0.118s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 10; qc: 53; dbt: 0.0886s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb