My first trip to Prague


Advertisement
Czech Republic's flag
Europe » Czech Republic » Prague
October 11th 2007
Published: October 11th 2007
Edit Blog Post

So, the long-awaited visit to the Czech Republic was held. We spent Gorgeous mayskie holidays from 4 to May 9, 2004. Impressions mass (and therefore the story will Longstocking predlinny) and the most positive! So even difficult to gather ideas and tell all in order.
The main conclusion of all the excitement of travel-admiration and approval in the thought that the Czech Republic would leave anyone indifferent to its beauty, tranquillity and comfort. There beautifully and admirably literally everything!

First, I would like to start from the "killing" the impression of Travel agencies and tour operator. (But it is not the seed adversely affect the enthusiastic impressions of this great country.)

So, the path we bought the company "Rus" Art 93 (chosen at prices rounds on the Internet), a tour operator of a Czech company "Destination". The work of both firms, we generally remained dissatisfied. Explain why. In the book it was somehow "stremno." The money paid for the month before the trip (about 1,000 euros for the two), while the last day could not only learn, but to know where, who and when we are given. When have given passports and fill out a questionnaire to obtain visas, a staff member firms do not know whether a questionnaire she gave us, and that there should be as complete and sufficient if this questionnaire and whether what is (and is provided, as then it became clear that it is the manager for the Czech Republic!) . Overall, total confusion.

A week before departure had to learn when and where we receive all the documents. Received reply that all receive two hours before departure at the airport, if not believe, it can call the tour operator, and it is all I will confirm. I am not very particular as a sibling, called this very tour operator, and is that the hearing: "We will never pay our documents tourists, especially at the airport, and generally they do not communicate and do not cross. All receive and organize Travel agency. I can not even confirm the booking your hotel names of aircraft and the game, because too many tourists and make it "Travel agency. It must be said that such a statement is shocking. Zakralas very bad idea that we left (or are about to do so). To our great joy, all misunderstanding razreshilos smoothly, and all documents we received the day before departure.

More everything went relatively well. The plane left from Domodedova time, but the airline (KrasAir - Krasnoyarsk Airlines) also leaves much to be desired, because little of the plane was very razdolbanny, so even if no konfetok off not distributed or bags for poorly bound flight, and what son is unlikely to be called human food (bread was proposed age is not less than weeks, and had filed fish some foreign and not very pleasant smell).

So about 10 am local time, we landed at the airport in Pardubice (according to the Travel agencies, a new airport near Prague under). The airport has some emergency military airfield Soviet times, with a half hours drive from Prague. Put There was apparently only Russian charters. Buildings there are single saraychiki close. There was not even a Free Dut and even a bar. The process of passing customs control has been long and painful, all new arrivals tolkalis closely Hall, which was nowhere to even sit. We must pay tribute to the welcome party (already mentioned Destination), after all this tyagomotiny us quickly loaded the bus and razvezli on hotels. The escort guide told us (the glory of God, very little, but not so senselessly and) to learn Russian, and mainly about some of their strange thoughts about the European Union. It however, we learned that while the tour programme, we have no, but for some rumours that day (day prileta) and next to us free. "Rather, the tour programme the other day you bring to the hotel." Sweet! (though can all work well, I do not know. Progress "phi" welcome to the party). Indeed evening of the day we brought in dead by the time the tour and reported that the next day (5th number) to us free. However, the paper did not contain any proposals other tours (like this office to attract tourists and their money is not very interested), or program (description) of the tour. Moreover, as it turned out tour of Prague held on the last day of that, I think, is very illogical. A more inconvenient and not very clear (as if the welcome party is not worried about how comfortable they organize their leisure tourists) is the fact that people gather to tour hotels, but not back there, abandoned in the city centre and beyond everyone makes himself. Strange. Input is kopeechnye and discontent remains.

Since program tour, we learned only late in the evening before the free day, the day that it was impossible to free book tours (from outside firms, because we do not have anything Destination suggested). But all that our life is not the case, all for the better, but because we have a car company (Opel Corsa) and very slavnenko pokatalis of Bohemia and visited famous Sedlec and the city Kutna Hora. But it later, because I was going to tell on order.

Hotel Mega 3 *

We selected hotels "Mega" (***) and never know who donated. Fine otelchik occupies a cozy cozy three typical for Prague, osobnyachok to 16 rooms. Inside all very comfortable and beautiful. All very well spoke in Russian (maybe they are from Russia, as between themselves, too, spoke Russian), but with the understanding that the problems have arisen. The price included breakfast accommodation-and if you are to walk half a day to not think about where to breakfast again. (For interest-tea / coffee, white and black bread, Cem, four kinds of cheese sausage / ham (all 2-3 pieces), any sweets (chocolate, keksik, biscuits), and choice of eggs, potato or sausage. I think that the average person that is enough.) The hotel is located in Prague 3 (ikov historic district) in 15 minutes from the centre (Wenceslas Square) at the tram (from the hotel before stopping 100 feet), which incidentally very often, and go on schedule.

Language

The Czech language has been fun. Like, as heard familiar words and word roots, but in general, little is understandable. More intuitively. Although problems with communication as a whole have arisen. Most Czechs appears quite understand Russian, and if not, have to overcome the language barrier (Otherwise pieces), and talk, talk broken English and even more broken Czech (knowledge of the guide, which limited phrases such as "I / expense, please" , "the large / small / dark / bright" (this was the order of beer, which deserves separate delighted story)).

Prices and money

Prices there have been more than pleasant (at least for the Moscow tourist). Lunch for two with beer, about 400 kroner (even cheaper) easily. The closer to the center, so naturally, expensive. But not much. For example, on the last day we pokushali very nice restaurant (and likely one of the most expensive in Prague, since it was the base of the Charles Bridge (which is a tourist centre in Prague, comparable in importance with the Moscow Red Square or Arbat)), part of the water, part of the building (we sat in the glass pontoon and eats looked beautiful p-type. Vltava, Charles Bridge, Prague Castle tower away and the scenic hills). So dinner in a posh locality (naturally with beer), such that we Ate only half of us based vkusnyatiny (set Czech meat delicacies) cost us 1100 rubles for two! Now, how much would this cost lunch in the restaurant well, say, at Vasilevskom downhill? Here are the same goods. So, it is easy to understand why the Germans who go (to the Czech Republic) as a ride to their cottage, walk, eat and drink beer otlichneyshego 5 times cheaper. Shopping billing, we do not have (not then come), but judging by the price of showcase boutiques located on Wenceslas Square and next (similar to the Moscow Arbat), it is all very attractive (Videla very nice shirt and trousers for Crohn 500-800) .

All pricing is in Czech crowns (euro will be in progress until 2009), a exchangers pond ponds. For the cost (of course Central) krona is indicative ruble (1,043 if you are), but where no change (in Moscow we found the best course, it is strange to Arbat, 1.19) on a course unlikely to be you.

Exchangers is not very smart.
First, the word "always on (0%!)(MISSING) commission" demonstrates a lack of commission. Often, it is only selling dollars, and when you decide to sell their dollars and get the crown you can find quite a shortage of from 1 to 10%!o(MISSING)f the amount (Commission).
And secondly, as a rule, to see tourists posted sales rate rather than buying rate. As a result, klyunuv amounting to 27.5 (for example, per dollar) and near the table (in smaller print, and only within exchanger, it can be written) is that you have to buy dollars at the rate of 21.0 (for example, but such a course was one of the exchangers), and may, to the politicians, and even take a commission. So that money must be treated very carefully. In general, it turned out that the pay card is more convenient to all. Her take everywhere, and the money withdrawn from the account at the rate of the Central Commission without any (yet, at least we have not noticed additional charges from the account). This is the most profitable course for us.


Prague hotels



Prague accommodation sites

Prague hotel search. Special offers and package deals for Prague.


Advertisement



Tot: 0.162s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 6; qc: 44; dbt: 0.1266s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb