Bank holiday w/e in Prague


Advertisement
Czech Republic's flag
Europe » Czech Republic » Prague
September 1st 2005
Published: September 12th 2005
Edit Blog Post

Me and CK by the riverMe and CK by the riverMe and CK by the river

Walking along the river on the first day there
Me and Charmaine decided with a long weekend upon us, we better go somewhere nice. So Prague it was!

Jumped on the plane first thing (7:30am) Friday morning, we took off for the Czech Republic.
When we were being driven to the hotel, we saw a little old lady get her bag snatched off her by some crim! Rough introduction to a place.
Apart from that unpleasantness, the weather was amazing, everybody spoke English and with 40 Korun to the pound, it was going to be a good 4 days.

So much to see, Prague is an incredibly old city but the people are so modern.
They have some of the best beer in the world, great food, gorgeous women, and such culture.
Over our 4 days we toured the Prague Castle, shot a crossbow, ate & drank ourselves silly, went to Europes Biggest Nightclub (arse), saw the Astronomical Clock in the old square strick the hour (it becomes animated), went on a tour to Kutna Hora (has a church where the bones of 40,000 people have been artistically arranged), went to a Go-Go dancing club, sat on the roof of U Prince (fancy hotel) in the old square and drank cocktails, went to the Opera (Don Giovani), hung out in the Jewish quarter, bought some Absinth (70% alcohol), went on a boat cruise on the river and also managed to squeeze in some shopping!

Was a great time, the photos kinda speak for themselves.

Ciao

Baz


Additional photos below
Photos: 65, Displayed: 22


Advertisement

This is a top dropThis is a top drop
This is a top drop

Staropramen Brewery
Theatre CafeTheatre Cafe
Theatre Cafe

Neat chandeliers & great sundaes
Mmm BudvarMmm Budvar
Mmm Budvar

Now this has to be in the running for the best beer!
DinnerDinner
Dinner

Take 1/2 a duck, add dumplings and cabbage. Result? One very happy lady!
Speaks for itself reallySpeaks for itself really
Speaks for itself really

5 levels, all with different music. I swear they were serving 15 year olds in here!
Top floor - chill out zoneTop floor - chill out zone
Top floor - chill out zone

Only level with good music!
Top floor ceilingTop floor ceiling
Top floor ceiling

Looks comfy!
Little quarterLittle quarter
Little quarter

Looking down toward Charles Bridge


Tot: 0.137s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 13; qc: 20; dbt: 0.1142s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb