Prague gardens


Advertisement
Czech Republic's flag
Europe » Czech Republic » Prague
May 7th 2021
Published: May 13th 2021
Edit Blog Post

http://www.heygo.com 3rd May - Our tour with Nikola today started in the Wallenstein gardens and then a journey on the iconic tram - Tram 22

It follows one of Prague's most scenic routes, passing by the National Theater to Staroměstská and Malostranská metro stations, and continuing up to the Belveder, Prague Castle and Pohořelec, with some stunning views along the way.



The Wallenstein Gardens were built between 1623-1630, at the same time as the accompanying Wallenstein Palace.

Like the Palace, they were built in the Italian Baroque style, and the Palace complements the Garden beautifully, especially the triple-arched entrance hall.

The Palace is now home to the Czech Senate. The Gardens are also sometimes called the Waldstein Garden.



The Prague Castle Royal Garden is just to the north of Prague Castle.

It was originally built during the reign of Ferdinand I, with parts of the Garden and Royal Summer Palace dating from this initial Renaissance period.



The Summer Palace, which often hosts art exhibitions, is one of the finest examples of Prague architecture from the Renaissance period, and makes a wonderful backdrop to the Baroque-era flower beds.



We had wonderful views of Prague Castle, the City & the Vltava river.


Additional photos below
Photos: 7, Displayed: 7


Advertisement








Tot: 0.066s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 20; qc: 25; dbt: 0.0427s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb