Day 1 - 2nd January 2014 - Arriving in Prague


Advertisement
Czech Republic's flag
Europe » Czech Republic » Prague » Old Town
January 2nd 2014
Published: March 22nd 2014
Edit Blog Post

My husband and I, together with our 19 year old son and 18 year old nephew left Melbourne on New Year's Day on a night flight at around 10.00pm. We were flying to Prague for the start of our three week trip.

We boarded our Emirates A380 and found we had been given new seats, all four of us had * seats with extra leg room. It was an excellent flight, very comfortable, heaps of leg room and as usual on Emirates, the food was great. A couple of hours stopover in Dubai and then it was off to Prague, where we landed just after 1:00pm on Thursday 2nd January.

The weather was cool, but certainly not cold, and the day was slightly cloudy. We were met at the airport by a car from our hotel, the Leonardo. We had actually ordered a van to fit all four of us with our luggage, but we were sent two cars. Never mind, not a problem. After a very fast drive through the streets, we arrived at Hotel Leonardo.

Our son and nephew were immediately upgraded to the same standard room as us. We were very happy with the hotel and size of the rooms. See my hotel review here:

http://www.tripadvisor.com.au/ShowUserReviews-g274707-d295549-r192310656-Hotel_Leonardo_Prague-Prague_Bohemi.html

After a quick shower and freshen up we headed out to have our first look at Prague, as well as to beat the jet lag.

We headed towards the Charles Bridge, which, as expected, was packed with people. We kept wandering through narrow streets in the direction of Old Town Square, checking out the location of ATMs along the way so that we could withdraw our first Czech Korunas. Old Town Square was amazing. Surrounded by beautiful old buildings and the Astronomical Clock, it was a spectacular sight. Just like the bridge, it was crowded with tourists. The beautiful Christmas tree was still up and the Christmas market stalls were still open. After wandering around we then headed to the Terrace of the U Prince Hotel. As we had read the Terrace had amazing views of the Square and the rooftops of Prague. We ordered some beer and food for the ever hungry boys, as well as wine for me and sat back and enjoyed finally being in Prague.

We then headed back to the Leonardo for a delicious dinner of lamb shanks, mashed potatoes and spinach in their restaurant, Platina and finally to bed.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.176s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 57; dbt: 0.0982s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb