Eastern Europe


Advertisement
Czech Republic's flag
Europe » Czech Republic » Prague » New Town
July 23rd 2012
Published: July 23rd 2012
Edit Blog Post

Sorry for the gap in between blogs. We have been on the move a lot and have been really busy. In a good way.

Last time I left you we had our sites set on Munich and let me tell you it did not disappoint. There are a few suggestions I have for America from this trip and the number one thing is beer gardens. Probably the best invention ever. It's like happy hour but instead of pints of beer they are liters of beer and they are outside and cheap. Half of a baked chicken, fries, two liters of beer 10 euro. America needs to adopt this ASAP. We visited many different beer gardens but the most incredible one was not in Munich. We took a one hour train ride south to a lake town called Tegernsee. They have some of the best beer in all of Bovaria. Its a quiet little town and the scenery is spectacular. Almost like a mini Tahoe. All of us agree we were surprised how much we liked Munich. We were not expecting much from it except the beer but the city and the people were among some of the nicest we have seen. I would definitely go back.

After a long train trip we set foot in the Czech Republic. Prague (or Praha) has been talked up as one of Europe's best kept secrets. Let me be the first to tell you that the secret is out. We have been here for two days and have already considered it as one of our favorite stops. It is a gorgeous city hugged up against the Vltava river. It is kind of a melting pot of all the other cities we have seen. Incredible nightlife unique architecture and an atmosphere that is mesmerizing. First day we spent wondering the city and enjoying a traditional Czech dinner. At night the city offers a wide variety of clubs pubs and bars. Anything from a James Dean bar to a five story club featuring any genre of music you can imagine. Today we enjoyed a day paddle boating on the river. Our paddle boat was shaped like a swan so we were definitely getting some weird looks. Three dudes and a girl in a swan boat....looked really good. Tonight we are going to a bar that has a personal keg built into every table and each table comes with a personal jukebox. Going to be a good start to the night. We are here until Wednesday and then off to Hamburg instead of Berlin. We met some people from there in Barcelona so we are going there. Until next time!

Advertisement



Tot: 0.091s; Tpl: 0.011s; cc: 11; qc: 48; dbt: 0.0537s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb