Croatia: Aquatic land


Advertisement
Croatia's flag
Europe » Croatia
April 25th 2011
Published: April 25th 2011
Edit Blog Post

Total Distance: 0 miles / 0 kmMouse: 0,0

croatia


Croatia is an aquatic land. Every place you go, you may find sea, rivers or lakes.

We made a one week trip around croatia.
Croatia is named HRVATSKA in croatian. The money used in croatia is called KUNA. 1 KUNA is 100 LIPAS. And more or less 1 euro is 7 Kunas.

Our first stop and were we landed was Zagreb, the capital.
Zagreb is a very charming town, with a tramway that works 24h and a huge principal plaza which is the center of the city.
We left for Plitvice the day after by bus. It took around 2 hours and the landscape was amazing.

Plitvice Jezera was my very favourite place of the whole trip. The waterfalls and the lakes are so beautiful. The color of the water is incredibly blue, as if you were at the caribbean sea. Also the trees are tall and you can take a deep breath in this magnific place surrounded by nature.

After spending one day in Plitvice we took a bus to Split. The bus took 4 hours to get there and we arrived the city by the night. We stayed in a very nice hostel in the
tramwaytramwaytramway

zagreb
center of the city, near the Diocletian palace and spent two nights and also took a ferry to Supetar, in the island of Brač.

The next city was Zadar, so we took another bus and stopped at Bibinje, a town close to Zadar were we had reserved and appartment for two nights. Bibinje is a very nice town with a marina called Dalmacija that rents sailing boats.
Zadar had a very beautiful center but the most amazing thing was the sea organ that sounded at the movement of the waves.

After Zadar our trip was comming at its end, so we came back to Zagreb, stayed at a very nice backpackers hostel were the party lasted untill the morning.



Additional photos below
Photos: 31, Displayed: 23


Advertisement

centercenter
center

zagreb
churchchurch
church

zagreb
sweetssweets
sweets

zagreb
flowerflower
flower

Plitvice
flower 2flower 2
flower 2

plitvice
portport
port

split


Tot: 0.121s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 13; qc: 31; dbt: 0.047s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb