Croatia with Mimi & Ange


Advertisement
Croatia's flag
Europe » Croatia
September 19th 2007
Published: September 20th 2007
Edit Blog Post

Been a long time coming but the pack was once again on my back and off again for another adventure with my ever constant travel companion Mimi and this time in toe, Ange - my breath of fresh air.
4am wake up in Belfast with a 2 hour bus ride to Dublin then off on the plane to Pula, a town located in Istria, Croatia. Arriving at the airport met two lovely Kiwi sisters who adopted me for the afternoon until my girls arrived.
Stayed in Pula the night and remembered quickly how much I enjoyed Mimi when she is drunk and I am sober....Hmmm
Up and off the next day, trying to make our way as far down south as we could to get some quality time on the islands of the Dalmatian Coast. First stop some random little town called Starigrad just before Zadar, where our apartment was situated right on the beach, had its own bathroom, large balcony and TV - and all at 13euros for the night.
Next night we made our way down to another quaint little town called Primosten, an amazing seafood dinner for 3, then off the next morning for a Night in Split.
One of my Favourite places was Hvar where we spent a magic 2 days there catching up with the wonderful kiwi sisters again. Goodbye to Angel, what a fantastic few days of travelling with an equally fantastic young lady.
Next was Mimi up at her usual 6am rise trying to get us to the next Island Vis, no direct boats so she managed to get us on the last leg of a 7 day sail Croatia boat, which took us to the island Bol and some sun baking on the top deck, and back to Split. All at the remarkable price of 10pounds - Go Ming! We thoroughly enjoyed our day on the boat but quickly decided that 7 days of it would wear very thin.
On the next boat to Vis, the town itself was a little disappointing but the next day bought us Mopeding around the island for a bit more of an explore. Komiza was the town on the other side of Vis, it was certainly different in contrast to Vis. The roads were tight and lined with grape vines, Mimi jumped off to pick the grapes with me on the moped and the motor running in case one of the little farmers came out with his shot gun…great fun indeed.
One highlight for Mimi and myself was the next leg Split back up to Rijeka, which was on a massive Ocean Liner, with our own cabin. What a great Experience.
Next town was Lovran, which was simply stunning and as much as I enjoyed Hvar and the south, I would have to agree that the north - Istria is by far the most spectacular.
Next adventure Egypt……….Then HOME……..




Additional photos below
Photos: 27, Displayed: 23


Advertisement



20th September 2007

You all look well relaxed (or well drunk !!) Views are gorgeous. Next time I'm coming too !!!!
22nd September 2007

Jealous!!!!!!!!!!
I'm going, that's all there is to it, I'm fuckin goin..........
29th September 2007

WOW
Hey Tricia, looks beautiful over there i am also jelous, have to talk Paul into taht one.

Tot: 0.253s; Tpl: 0.013s; cc: 10; qc: 55; dbt: 0.0482s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.2mb