Rab Island


Advertisement
Croatia's flag
Europe » Croatia
May 30th 2007
Published: May 30th 2007
Edit Blog Post

We travelled down from Bovec to pick up Matt! Great to see him and give him a big hug, he looks really well.

We then set the GPS for Rab Island Croatia. It seem to have a bit of a snag, it would not guide us onto the right road for some reason. Anyway after a few tense moments from Glenn we managed to head in the right direction, if not the most direct route.

The only way to get onto Rab is by ferry from Jablanic, we found this easily enough and were soon on board. Although we only just had enough money for the fare and they did not take visa and there was no "Bankomat" for some distance.

Rab is a large island with many small towns on it. We stayed at the town of Rab. We found our hotel which was nice over looking the harbour.

We spent the first afternoon getting aquainted with the town.

The next day one of the first things we realised is that if the weather is not great there is not a lot to do, and unfortunatly this was the case. We decided to go for a short drive to Lopar where Glenn had read about the most magnificent sandy beaches. Well I say bring on Narooma cause there aint no sandy beaches like Australia!! This one was like a poor mans St Kilda Beach. lol

The rest of the afternoon was spent looking around the historical sites and trying the local brew Karlovacka! Not bad actually. There is some spectacular scenery but not enough to fill in 4 days.

We decided that our time on Rab was up as the weather outlook had not improved so we made a decision to move to Pula on the mainland about a 4 hour drive.

Stay tuned cause Pula is a lowlight!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!


Additional photos below
Photos: 3, Displayed: 3


Advertisement



2nd June 2007

Hi, great to hear you have caught up with Matt and that he is well. Sounds like there is quite a consumption of alcohol going on. well why not, gotta try every brand. Hope the weather improves. let us know how Tim goes in the major race. All well here. Mum and Dad are loving having Harvey, he is such a good boy. He had sore ears so Dad took him to the vet. All good now. great to hear you are all well and having a great time. bye 4 now. Luv all of us.

Tot: 0.071s; Tpl: 0.01s; cc: 12; qc: 46; dbt: 0.0438s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb