5 Istria and Kvarner speleological phenomena you must explore


Advertisement
Croatia's flag
Europe » Croatia » Istria » Porec
August 28th 2009
Published: August 28th 2009
Edit Blog Post

1. Baredine Cave - near Porec, next to Nova Vas. The cave has five halls and there are underground lakes with the depth of up to 33 m located underneath the fourth hall. The temperature of the cave is 14 degrees throughout the whole year.

2.Festinsko kraljevstvo Cave - near the village of Festini in the vicinity of Zminj. The inner part of the cave is decorated with safe trails which are approximately one hundred meters long and it is at every visitor’s disposal.

3.Biserujka Cave - it is located near Rudine or above the Slivanjska Bay on the island of Krk . With its length of around 110 m and the size of its underground area, the inner part of the cave thrills the visitors with the interesting deposited forms as well. The temperature in the cave is between 10°C and 13°C throughout the whole year.

4.Lokvarka (Lipa) Cave - it is located in the Lokve district in Gorski kotar. The explored depth of the cave is 1200 meters while only 900 meters is open for the visitors. The temperature in the cave is between 6.5°C and 8°C throughout the whole year.

5.Vrelo Cave - Fuzine, Gorski kotar. Its age is estimated to 3.5 to 4 million years. It is 300 meters long, exceptionally beautiful and rich with cave decorations. A particular value of the cave is lies in the water - there is a mountain source located at only fifty meters, as well as a lake and a pit which make it especially attractive.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.094s; Tpl: 0.008s; cc: 12; qc: 47; dbt: 0.0473s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb