Hvar to Rogac


Advertisement
Croatia's flag
Europe » Croatia » Dalmatia
September 27th 2012
Published: September 29th 2012
Edit Blog Post

Our trip across to Milna on Otok Brac was the roughest crossing yet so we motored all the way without swim stops. Jen slept most of the way, while the rest of us spent most of our time on deck. I have discovered the hard way that I can't use my iPad or read while we are moving locations so I just have to sit around and enjoy the trip! The change in motion and slackening of the roll of the boat once we entered the bay near Milne was significant. As we were entering the sheltered waters we watched a number of boats sailing out of the more placid conditions into the rougher weather, many of them broaching in the process until they pulled down their sails.

We had a leisurely walk around Milna, Ken met up with the fellow who took him down adark alley last time we were in port. He also runs a cafe so we had our coffee / beer/ wine at his cafe. We had lunch on board then headed out to one of the small bays for a swim. Sal, Norm and Linda you may remember where we stopped last time, it is still beautiful. Onwards to Otok Solta to fill up with fuel.

Rogac is a smallish port with a fuel depot, a cafe and a car ferry dock. The nearest town is Gohote. We moored side on to the quay which we had not done previously but Ken, Clem, Jane and Peter managed magnificently. Re-Fuelling for us was relatively painless. The boat beforehand had spilt some diesel into the bay and the attendants sprayed both his boat and the water with a "magic" spray that dissolved the fuel. We berthed at Rogac for the night and once tied off went to the Lavandula Cafe for coffee and to buy a bottle of wine for dinner. Althought the pilot book we have advised that ice could be night from the kiosk, there wasn't a kiosk to be seen. However, the amazingly accommodating harbourmaster went and found some which he gave to us at no cost. Can't have a GnT without ice now can you? We ate on board, what a feast. Jane cooked chicken fillet with rosemary (harvested from the bay by Jen), garlic and chilli, Jen made her famous garlic and potato dish and I used my cooking lessons from LindaJ to prepare eggplant, zucchini, tomato, capsicum, fresh paprika, onion and garlic. Yummo, it was grand, although as you have spotted we did use lots of garlic!

We had moored on the quiet side of the bay away from the testosterone fuelled boats near the cafe (truly, I know I am not widely travelled but I have never seen so many boats with male-only crews) so we had a good nights sleep before heading out for our final trip before taking the boat back to Split.

Advertisement



Tot: 0.04s; Tpl: 0.012s; cc: 8; qc: 23; dbt: 0.0221s; 1; m:domysql w:travelblog (10.17.0.13); sld: 1; ; mem: 1.1mb